Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I am going to try and train my new dog to blood tack. It's a bit of an experiment on my part. The books I have read all recommend a training strategy that uses the liver, hide, blood and hooves of deer to create a trail. I don't have any deer piece in my freezer except for one roast (I think). So, I am looking to buy bits of deer.

I live in Ontario, Canada and we do not have CWD. That means I believe I am only able to source from Ontario deer.

Is there anyone here that would sell me bits of deer? I will pay to have a freezer package collected by courier too.

Thanks for enabling my experiment! Hopefully this fall I will have my own ready supply :D

unfortunate you are not in the us i have more deer bits than the buzzards even know what to do with

According to the biologists here in Washington State, CWD is transmitted through the nervous system and possibly bone marrow of the deer. If an out-of-state hunter gets a deer in one of the quarantined areas he/she may bring the meat back but no brains, spinal cord/fluid and possibly bones. Check with your local wildlife department and see if they have similar restrictions. It may be that you could get parts from other places as long as they are in accordance with the quarantine rules.

Pheroze ... it's illegal to buy , sell venison in Ontario . I have antlers ,meat possibly bone and I know where I can get a piece of hide .... You and Nuval come down to Shooter's Choice tomorrow night FRI FEB 2 or Saturday FEB 3 for the Colby Breast Cancer Shoot AKA CAFAC and I'll put together a little kit ..... Tell Nuval not to forget his bow !
Glen

can always grab some bits off a road kill

Might want to contact the local highways department for some road killed deer.

Happy training.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder about buying. I knew that! I didn't want to come on here asking for stuff and not pay my way!
Pheroze ... it's illegal to buy , sell venison in Ontario . I have antlers ,meat possibly bone and I know where I can get a piece of hide .... You and Nuval come down to Shooter's Choice tomorrow night FRI FEB 2 or Saturday FEB 3 for the Colby Breast Cancer Shoot AKA CAFAC and I'll put together a little kit ..... Tell Nuval not to forget his bow !
Glen

That actually sounds like a lot of fun. I will PM you once I speak with Nuval. I am not sure if he will be able to locate his bow under all of that dust it been collecting! :D

According to the biologists here in Washington State, CWD is transmitted through the nervous system and possibly bone marrow of the deer. If an out-of-state hunter gets a deer in one of the quarantined areas he/she may bring the meat back but no brains, spinal cord/fluid and possibly bones. Check with your local wildlife department and see if they have similar restrictions. It may be that you could get parts from other places as long as they are in accordance with the quarantine rules.

You are right I believe but I think you have to apply or register the movement of deer across the boarder, even between provinces. They may allow it but I didn't want to cause a hassle for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross