December 6th Updated US COVID Travel Requirements?

Charlie P

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
South Africa 2X, Alaska 3X, Idaho 2X, Wyoming, Alabama lifelong
Is anyone knowledgeable of Brandon's new travel requirements that went into effect on December 6th? Can you suggest references for the details or had personal experiences?

Is it true you are required in order to enter South Africa to get the PCR test, results within 24 hrs, but available up to 72 hrs prior to departure to travel to South Africa? This is the way it has been for some time now. Has it changed with the Brandon 24 hr rule?

For the return trip is it true you can take the simpler Rapid Test, results in 15 minutes, to satisfy the within One Day regulation to re-enter the US?

I’m currently in Spain headed back to the US in a few hours. The rule is a PCR Viral test 24 hours prior to departure and an Attestation vaccination form for return to the US.

Check the CDC website, your air carrier and destination country requirements for the latest updates on tests/timelines as Brandon and other countries can change requirements overnight or mid-travel as was the case for the wife and I.

International Air Transport Association (IATA) supports the global aviation business & stays up-to-date on Country COIVD requirements.

Locate the Travel Restriction Map for details: as of 9 Dec.

1) Enter S. Africa: PCR specified, neg results issued at most 72-hrs from the 1st flight (embarkation).
2) Enter USA: (new), neg test taken at most 1-day before departure & tests accept: Antigen, NAAT, RT-LAMP, RT-PCR, or TMA.

I traveled to RSA Aug/Sept & my advice: pick the easiest/fastest accepted test & that’s Antigen: < 30-min & printed results on the spot.

Happy Trails

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross