Danner Jackal II hunting boots?

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
Last edited:
Break them in really good and those will work fine and the price is certainly right.

I used seven inch boots too, but a lot of folks go even shorter. Just something to consider. Make sure you get gaiters either way.

I bought a pair 4 mos before I went to Limpopo last May. Thought I got a bargain at $119.00. Broke them in somewhat, then wore them for 9 days hunting. They were fine, comfortable and quiet. Midway price, get them, try them, wear them, you will be pleased, if not, what are you losing......$69.95.

Great deal if they have your size.

At that price even if you have to get rid of it in a year or two they are still a bargain as long as they fit and work for you. Now, Danner has two classes of boots. The low end stuff does get made overseas (China?) and has had some quality issues. The high end products are made at their factory in the US.

I have an earlier version I think just Jackal. Probably the lightest boot or shoe for that matter that I have ever owned. I like mine quite well. Buy them.

I like my jackals ok but my favorite were the early pronghorns before they put a stiffer sole and toe and heel caps out of some synthetic junk, I see the 2015 models have left the caps off so I want to try a pair of those. Danner has factories in several overseas countries not just China.

I ordered them in a couple sizes cause my feet are weird. I typically wear a Redwing steel toe boot size 9 1/2 E3. so I ordered 9 1/2 EE, 10 D, and 10 EE. ill try all three on and send back the two that don't fit.

-matt

Matt,
Thanks for the info. I just ordered a pair as back ups for my Russell PH's.

so I ordered 9 1/2 EE, 10 D, and 10 EE.

all of these proved too small. the size 10 could work if they had a EEE as the length worked but my feet are too wide.

ill send them back and try the 10 1/2 D and EE but if those don't work them I guess ill have to pass on this deal. these Danner boots run VERY small, the 9 1/2 EE Danner's were child sized compared to my 9 1/2 EEE Red Wing boots.

-matt

Then I don't need to look, because my 9.5 EEE Irish setters fir perfectly.

Jackal sounds very entry level. Get the black-backed jackal at least!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.34.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.34.08 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.34.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.34.17 AM.png
    746.6 KB · Views: 70

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!