Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
me neither , get a move on , ahhh driven buff shooting.....:daydreaming: you can put me down for a few days of that:laughing::beer:

+1 I'll take the left, you take the right Spike!

35bore

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
Hunted
USA, South Africa, France
I think cape buffalo for $8500 to $12000 would not be so bad and we all know if you have read my past threads how much (I think the cape buffalo price is crazy high...compared to big kudu). Some areas of RSA I think it would be OK. I have seen way too many cape buffalo out in a grass fields behind a fence and thought the fair chase element was gone. It turned me off big time. There has to be a element of surprise or I think it becomes a shoot instread of a hunt. Maybe I'm getting to OLD but I want some hardship before I harvest something. If people are offended by what I wrote so be it. I want to do a lot of glassing, spot and stalking before something gets killed.

enysse, All those years of glassing, spotting, stalking then ultimately eliminating Columbian drug cartels, has made you calloused. You need a computer job... Just messing around, or am I???:hmmmer::heh::heh:

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
enysse, All those years of glassing, spotting, stalking then ultimately eliminating Columbian drug cartels, has made you calloused. You need a computer job... Just messing around, or am I???:hmmmer::heh::heh:

I did it all with Power Point and Core lokt ammo too! LOL

You should see the gun I'm building now, finally took it out of storage, Remington Sendero 7mm Ultra Mag with a Leupold VIII 6.5-20 40mm scope. I was waiting until the dust cleared to get this one going....I will be using those weak 154 Hornady Interbond bullets...I also have some weak Accubonds too!

35bore

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
Hunted
USA, South Africa, France
I did it all with Power Point and Core lokt ammo too! LOL

You should see the gun I'm building now, finally took it out of storage, Remington Sendero 7mm Ultra Mag with a Leupold VIII 6.5-20 40mm scope. I was waiting until the dust cleared to get this one going....I will be using those weak 154 Hornady Interbond bullets...I also have some weak Accubonds too!

Sounds like a great long range set-up. Anything from Elk to Coyote. As far as "weak", I guess "weak" has filled my freezer for many years.:beer:

buzz1858

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
OWAA
Hunted
RSA NFLND
Enysse, I'm with you on the free range stuff...
Granted, there are some huge ranches where you'll rarely if ever see a fence, and it's true you can get stomped on either side of the wire. But I certainly do not want to "hunt" a buffalo that has a name and sits in a pasture most of his life.

Odinsraven

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
Hunted
UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
Jeasus no please no - that would mean two double rifles and bring the wife to act as loader - oh hang on " darling fancy going to Africa in 2015 ? "

me neither , get a move on , ahhh driven buff shooting.....:daydreaming: you can put me down for a few days of that:laughing::beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RalfG48049

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.