Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zambia
I have been every year and the hunts offered at auction are first class. The food and drinks are great too. Last years speaker was Chris Cox, formerly the NRA's chief lobbyist. Larry Weishuhn has been there every year too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 12.00.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 12.00.59 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 185
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 12.01.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 12.01.02 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 178
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 12.01.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 12.01.04 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
Are you getting a table? Need any add-ons?

"Missed out on a HUNT ABROAD in 2020 because of the pandemic?! Well, come April, we have GREAT NEWS for you! Our
DSC STX 2021 Annual Gala
will give you PLENTY OF CHANCES to bid on GREAT hunting excursions from some of the world's TOP OUTFITTERS! Here's just a preview of some of the AUCTION DONORS we will be highlighting over the next few months leading up to the Gala. Make sure you have FOLLOWED US on our social media channels to ensure you get to see the previews/details of all of these great Auction Lots!
Vortex Optics
HB Hunting Products
African HORN Missions & Safaris
Charter Firearms
Kian Vista Ranch
Double Nickle Taxidermy
Woods Cycle Country
Tom Mack Shooting
Numzaan Safaris
Caprinae safari
Hill Country Shooting Sports
libertyhillprecision
Blaser USA
Makadi Safaris
Rhodes Taxidermy
No Limit Outfitters
Sierra Taxidermy
Fran Cortina Corju
Double Diamond Outfitters
Somerby Safaris
Adam Clements Safari Trackers Inc
Rebecca Creek Distillery
|
Rebecca Creek Whiskey
\
AND SO MANY MORE! Stay tuned as we preview all of their donation packages/hunts!"

Last edited by a moderator:
dscsouthtexas We are honored and excited to announce our GUEST SPEAKER for our @dscsouthtexas 2021 Annual Gala on April 10th will be none other than SFC Gregory Stube! Please see a few biographical tidbits below and to learn more about Mr. Stube, see details in the graphic!
➡ Stube recently retired with 23 years of service, to become the host of his own television show on NBC Sports, “Coming Home with Greg Stube.” Since the conclusion of the tv series, public speaking, consulting, and charity work have made up the bulk of Stube’s life after the military, with a focus on youth training and development. He currently serves as a leadership presenter for the FBI and the FBI National Academy, elements of the DEA, the NYPD Homicide Detective’s Academy and many corporate entities.
➡ His new book is CONQUER ANYTHING; A Green Beret’s Guide to Building Your A-Team. It has earned high praise already and comes highly recommended from within Military, Law Enforcement and Business communities.
If you HAVEN'T already purchased your ticket or table for our 2021 Gala, now is a great time to do so via LINK IN BIO!

The JW Marriott has everything you need to make a great weekend of this event. On site Golf -- PGA course, Spa, Pool, etc.

THE FULL SCOOP on our upcoming event:
➡️
April 10th, 6-10 p.m.
➡️

JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
➡️
$175 individual tickets (until March 19th); $1500 Table of 6; $3500 VIP Table of 6 (includes free hotel room & many other perks)
➡️
YES, it's a LIVE EVENT!
➡️
We have everything from Canoes to Cape Buffalo Hunts in our LIVE AND SILENT AUCTIONS for you to bid on! {literally nearly 30 trips in our LIVE AUCTION!}
➡️
Ticket cost INCLUDES catered dinner and drinks
➡️
YES there will be Raffles too!
➡️
TABLE PURCHASERS will receive a code/link for a discounted JW Marriott Hotel Room!
➡️
We NOW have a "pay by check" mail in option, or you are welcome to pay by Credit Card! Email us at socialwithpassion@gmail.com to receive form and/or mailing address to send check!

You get that table yet ?

Looking for two folks for my table. $500 get you dinner and drinks the night of the gala and the chance to bid on some great items, including a Rigby rifle and some great hunts. Plus discounted rooms at the JW Marriott are available, and on Friday night a private party at Rebecca Creek Distillery.

"We can't ruin ALLLL of the surprises on our ENORMOUS list of Live and Silent Auction items, but here's just a little
1f440.png
SNEAK PEEK
1f440.png
at some pretty popular names you will recognize and trips you'll definitely want in on bidding for! P.S. - this isn't even ONE QUARTER of the list! BE THERE or BE SQUARE - tickets online here: https://www.eventbrite.com/.../dsc-south-texas-2021-gala... or DM/email us for a CC or check order form! (socialwithpassion@gmail.com)
1f447.png
1f447.png

{WHAT'S ON THE DOCKET....}
Custom Rifles from Navajo Smith LLC
Blaser USA
brings us ridiculously beautiful
John Rigby & Co.
Rifles
libertyhillprecision
long range rimfire rifle
AND IF GUNS JUST AREN'T YOUR STYLE, how about....
➡
a Guided Rockport Fishing Trip with Tony Gonzales
➡
a Costa Rica fishing trip
➡
Binos from
Vortex Optics
➡

Dead Air Silencers
Suppressor
➡
Numerous Taxidermy Credits from various local taxidermists
➡
A custom Kudu Painting
➡

Clint Orms Engravers and Silversmiths
goods
....... AND SO MUCH MORE!
BETTER GET YOUR TICKET/TABLE TO JOIN BEFORE THE PRICES GO UP ON MARCH 19th!"

Here a few photos from this years event. This year they auctioned off 2 Rigby rifles. (1) a Big Game in 375 H&H and (2) a Highland Stalker in 8x57. A Buffalo hunt with Adam Clements in Tanzania (Unfortunately, I was not the successful bidder). some other hunts, Mule Deer, White-tail deer, Aoudad, 2 Ibex in Europe and Asia, a couple of fishing trips, etc.

1618151299271.png
1618151396839.png
1618151458866.png
1618151540681.png
1618151618198.png

I was going to bid on the Blaser-Rigby .375 rifle. I was bidding online but when I asked a question before the auction started..."Can the rifle be exchanged for a LH". I asked twice and never got an answer. Their Loss !

I was going to bid on the Blaser-Rigby .375 rifle. I was bidding online but when I asked a question before the auction started..."Can the rifle be exchanged for a LH". I asked twice and never got an answer. Their Loss !

I have no idea if they would have or not.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg