Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, and now Tajikistan
Love seeing the young generation taking interest in the outdoors! Thanks for posting

It seems to me with my biased opinion, DSC is always doing something worthwhile, besides putting on the greatest hunters show in the U.S. ......maybe in the world!

This event is one of the cornerstones of DSC. (side note: this event is held during the third weekend of September in North Texas. The mornings are hot and humid and the afternoons are just hot.) Many of the people that help at this event are also at the DSC office in late December packing vendor packets and then you see them on Tuesday and Wednesday before the convention helping vendors unload their displays. This camaraderie of service was a major point of attraction for me to become a Life Member of DSC.

I am concerned that as we develop more DSC Chapters around the country will we be able to establish this culture of service in those chapters? If you are a considering starting a DSC Chapter or are a member of one, I would encourage you to consider starting this event. It will be a great service to your community but more importantly it will help develop a strong bond between your members.

That has all of the earmarks of a Hunter Education Class.

That has all of the earmarks of a Hunter Education Class.

You are correct. DSC does this event at this time of the year to support the Outdoor Adventure Classes that are in public schools in North Texas. The Outdoor Adventure program has been another major cornerstone of DSC. The Outdoor Adventure Classes first unit is hunter education. All those kids in the video have just completed 21 hours of hunter education in public schools in North Texas. DSC now gives them and a parent the opportunity to practice these lessons in the field.

Today, the Outdoor Adventure Program of DSC has grown into its own stand alone program called the Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation. This growth now allows this program to expand out of North Texas and to the rest of the country. Once again as DSC Chapters form this is another way to reach out to your community. It is a well designed program that checks off a bunch of boxes for education administrators.
The link is below:

https://www.gootf.com

Two years ago, I was working at the shotgun station. The kids always shoot first but we leave time for any parents that want to shoot. I had a dad come to my station and tell me the following

"We just moved here from New York City. I am from an anti-gun family. I did not realize that my kid would be shooting today. Since I am here I will give it a try."

I talked him through the safety procedures and how to lead the clay pigeon. He went 4 for 5. After giving me the shotgun back he said, "That was very fun! I am going to have to rethink my anti-gun stance."

If we can get the new DSC Chapters supporting Outdoor Adventures Classes in schools and doing a SAFETY Extravaganza, we can change some hearts and minds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross