Dallas Safari Club Frontline Foundation Grant Helps Injured African Hunting Guide

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
DALLAS (April 14, 2017) - DSC Frontline Foundation has approved an interim grant for African professional hunting guide Andre Bennett, who was severely injured by a Cape buffalo while assisting on a hunt in Namibia. The grant will help offset the costs associated with his recovery. DSC Frontline Foundation will also be available if additional assistance is needed.

On March 18, Bennett was working with Japsie Blaauw, owner of Dzombo Hunting Safaris Namibia, when he was charged and struck by a Cape buffalo. Bennett received extensive and traumatic injuries. The injured guide was taken to Otjiwarongo for treatment and care. Blaauw later tracked down the wounded buffalo and killed it.

"DSC Frontline Foundation was created for this very opportunity - to be able to assist those eligible individuals who are injured in the course of providing professional hunting or anti-poaching services," said DSC Frontline Foundation President Karl Evans. "We wish Andre a full and speedy recovery."

Andre's injury is another example of the dangers and hazards that professional hunters, guides and outfitters are exposed to on a daily basis. DSC Frontline Foundation and DSC recognize the dedication and commitment of those professional hunters, guides, outfitters and members of their organizations and are grateful that they can provide assistance to Andre and his family.

If anyone wishes to make a donation for Andre's benefit please go to www.dscfrontlinefoundation.org and follow the donate link. Please indicate that your donation is for the benefit of Andre Bennett.

DSC Frontline Foundation provides financial relief to professional hunters and their assistants who are killed or seriously injured in the course of providing professional hunting services or anti-poaching activities. These individuals are often on the frontline of hunts and therefore exposed to the dangers inherent in hunting.

About DSC Frontline Foundation
The DSC Frontline Foundation, a Texas non-profit corporation, was started by a group of dedicated DSC members with the support and encouragement of DSC. Contributions to the Foundation are deductible under Section 170 of the Code.

The Foundation's Board of Directors consists of DSC members and includes people involved in the professional hunting industry as well as those who appreciate and respect the risks that professional hunters, outfitters, guides and their assistants face on a daily basis.

The mission of the DSC Frontline Foundation is to provide financial relief to professional hunters and their assistants who are killed or seriously injured in the course of providing professional hunting services or anti-poaching activities. The mission of the foundation was expanded to include a separate anti-poaching fund to provide financial relief to government employees killed in the course of providing anti-poaching activities. The individuals we seek to help are often on the frontline of hunts and therefore exposed to the dangers inherent in hunting. These same individuals are unlikely to have adequate, or any, health insurance. They are unlikely to have life insurance or disability coverage. As a result, a serious injury has the potential to be even more devastating to these individuals than to most of the rest of us. The death of a primary breadwinner could have equally dire consequences for most of the people we seek to help.

Source: Dallas Safari Club (DSC)

Last edited:
Thanks Jerome

Thanks for sharing! I saw the pictures on the other thread. The man is lucky to have escaped with his life for sure.

Great to see DSC helping out. As mentioned in the post, PH put their lives on the line when out hunting dangerous game, but yet so many people want to haggle for cheap prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross