Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
Don't know if true but heard it was going virtual.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 15.42.37.png

From Dallas Safari Club:

Dear Exhibitors,

Throughout the year, DSC has been in constant contact with the City of Dallas, Convention Center, and contract hotels working toward a safe and productive 2021 DSC Convention.

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to march forward, we just learned that the City of Dallas is not allowing the DSC Convention to occur as an in-person event based on the recommendation of the County Health Authority. We have done everything that we can and are deeply disappointed but must adhere to the City’s decision.

However, the 2021 Reflections Convention will continue as a modified, virtual event online. Additional details about this event will be forthcoming soon. In the meantime, know that DSC will ensure member access to you through an online Convention landing page, social media updates, live auction video feed, watch parties, silent auction bidding site and many other innovative ways. So please keep February 11-14 on your radar.

Exhibitors still active on the roster will have their funds rolled to 2022, and those who are donors will benefit from double support credits on the net proceeds of their donation. This will apply to all donations auctioned for 2021.

Exhibitors who have already purchased banquet tickets will receive a refund.

Additionally, DSC will be working with Connections Housing and our partner hotels to cancel all hotel reservations on your behalf, but bookings made through other vendors should be resolved directly by you.

More information is coming, but we wanted to provide you with as much notice as possible to this change.

Thank you for being a great partner. We sincerely appreciate your support!

Tatiane Brazil Upton
Exhibits Manager

C83E6B61-5988-4B21-B9D9-C296938F45B4.gif

Damn.

Many local chapters also cancelling, just terrible. Going to be some damn cheap hunts at those online auctions.

This is BIG..............FWB

I wonder if many outfitters come to the US this winter. There couldn't be a worst time to come. We have an Alaskan trip in August. It got canceled last August. We should have the vaccine by then. No hunting just a land tour

Damn.

Many local chapters also cancelling, just terrible. Going to be some damn cheap hunts at those online auctions.
Maybe. It also may make those online auctions very competitive and go for much more than normal, since no one is selling hunts in person. Still a sad state with the cancellation.

I love the innovativeness of the DSC to have a virtual convention. I think it sets the benchmark for other organizations.

As I recall several organizations cancelled their conventions in Nevada. Those got cancelled by City of Las Vegas and State of Nevada. So, they relocated their conventions to Dallas. Now Dallas is cancelling conventions. This will be an interesting spring.

I think a lot of outfitters were booked for 2021 with the many 2020 airline cancellations and country travel restrictions. I believe that outfitters will fill 2022 opening without any trouble. Challenges could exist for 2023 outfitter bookings.

Really sorry that we will be missing out on a year for our get together. Certainly a highlight for me every year. Well, that and The Wing Bucket..... :LOL:

safari club canceled earlier,figured Dallas would also.

They didn't cancel the NFR in Fort Worth. I would guess that a big event.

Two completely different towns even tho they are side by side and you cant tell when you leave one and into the other. To many liberals in control in Dallas, Houston and Austin.

I just picked up 3 gallons of Appalachian Apple Pie that I'll virtually share with everyone :D

I just picked up 3 gallons of Appalachian Apple Pie that I'll virtually share with everyone :D

No...that needs to be in person!

NFR was in a baseball stadium and limited spectator capacity to 15,000. All competitors and workers were wearing masks. And a couple qualifiers didn’t get to compete due to Covid. Just a lot more general space than a convention show.

Honestly, a virtual convention is more accessible to me. I know it’s not the same, but when my choice is save for first Safari or go to DSC or SCI conventions, I’m saving my money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!