AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, SCI Life
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Northwest & Eastern Cape), Namibia, Nevada, Newfoundland, Zambia
Random question to be sure: What is the cost of a small booth at DSC? Is it different for outfitters versus people selling services or merchandise. I know that SCI is a serious can of worms with costs and location of booth.
Any direction will be greatly appreciated.

I do a number of shows a year including one in Vegas. It is not only the cost of the 10x10 booth but then it’s the rental of walls, furniture, TVs, electric, WiFi. They hit you with everything at outrageous rates. Although I have no clue about dsc or sci, a 10x 10 at a recent Vegas show was $18,000.

MMAL, thanks for the information. That's kind of what I expected.

I do a number of shows a year including one in Vegas. It is not only the cost of the 10x10 booth but then it’s the rental of walls, furniture, TVs, electric, WiFi. They hit you with everything at outrageous rates. Although I have no clue about dsc or sci, a 10x 10 at a recent Vegas show was $18,000.
Never would have guess that. You will have to do some serious selling/booking to come out ahead on that deal.

I don't know the costs either but I heard from several African outfitters that there was a 500+ waiting list of vendors trying to get space. One surmised that if a vendor did drop out that it was often filled by another like vendor regardless of the waiting list. As such the DSC would keep a variety and ratio of vendors to no overload one area.

I cant remember the exact number.. but I think the cost of a small booth is closer to the $6K mark at DSC..

the real challenge is what has already been mentioned above.. there is a LONG waiting list.. some vendors take as long as 6 years before they are even given an opportunity to get a booth..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwoody

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross