Dallas Safari Club 2023 - Hunting

mdsalern

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Being that I am in Fort Worth and many of you are coming from much further, I have been thinking of putting together a local hunt(s) around DSC. Wondering who may be interested?

The weekend before the show is the last weekend of deer season and hog hunting at night is available. Deer would be up to 1.5-5 hours from Dallas and hogs would be within about an hour and a half.

I'm at DSC every year. I can't say if I could make it work at the moment, but I'd be interested in trying to.

My son and I are going to DSC this year.
I don’t know for sure if we can fit this in to the schedule but we could try.

I have lined up hog hunting for Saturday night/Sunday morning on a 2900 acre farm near Decatur, Texas. Would be about an hour to an hour and a half drive from the convention center. Haven’t nailed down a price yet. Normal rate is $200 day and $100 if you get a hog. I have rifles for those that would need them. It’s a work in progress…

The one year I decide not to go to the DSC there is hunting on offer!!! You have no idea how ticked off with myself i am.
Oh well cant wait to see the pics and be envious

I am probably attending DSC this year (January 2024). I would be interested in a hog hunt during this time if it is within 2 hours of Dallas.
@mdsalern any plans this year?

I hadn’t made any plans, but will see what I can do. Any others interested? Will you be bringing a firearm?

I would be flying into DFW without checked luggage, so I would need a rental or loaner rifle. I figure a day of hog hunting on Saturday or Sunday would be a nice add on to the trip.

If I had hogs, I’d offer up our place and let you guys shoot all you want (about 3 hours east of DFW)… but for some reason we haven’t seen pigs this season.. in the last 3 months I’ve got exactly 1 trail cam pic of 3 average sized hogs hitting one of my feeders.. haven’t seen them since late September… I’m guessing someone on the big lease that surrounds us has been on an eradication mission and has been successful this year..

If you guys find a place I might be “in” for a day hunt..

I

These guys are about 90 minutes west of Dallas… and pretty cheap…I think they are $100 per hunter per day.. with a 2 day minimum… the cabin is a bit spartan.. and the property, blinds, feeders, etc are very basic… but they have a good number of pigs running around..

One of the guys that will be at the Bos en Dal party on the Thursday night of DSC took a 350 pounder there a couple of years ago.. he goes there a couple of times a year and really enjoys it..

They can’t handle more than 3 hunters though.. just 3 blinds and feeders on the property.. and a single bed, double bed, and a couch for sleeping arrangements..

You’ll definitely want thermals, night vision, or green lights to hunt there.. the guy there regularly has only seen pigs at night on the property…

If I had hogs, I’d offer up our place and let you guys shoot all you want (about 3 hours east of DFW)… but for some reason we haven’t seen pigs this season.. in the last 3 months I’ve got exactly 1 trail cam pic of 3 average sized hogs hitting one of my feeders.. haven’t seen them since late September… I’m guessing someone on the big lease that surrounds us has been on an eradication mission and has been successful this year..

If you guys find a place I might be “in” for a day hunt..

I

That is a very generous offer, sir.
The neighbors have likely been hunting them hard.

These guys are about 90 minutes west of Dallas… and pretty cheap…I think they are $100 per hunter per day.. with a 2 day minimum… the cabin is a bit spartan.. and the property, blinds, feeders, etc are very basic… but they have a good number of pigs running around..

One of the guys that will be at the Bos en Dal party on the Thursday night of DSC took a 350 pounder there a couple of years ago.. he goes there a couple of times a year and really enjoys it..

They can’t handle more than 3 hunters though.. just 3 blinds and feeders on the property.. and a single bed, double bed, and a couch for sleeping arrangements..

You’ll definitely want thermals, night vision, or green lights to hunt there.. the guy there regularly has only seen pigs at night on the property…

I am going to call this gentleman and see if he has anything available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross