Dallas area AH member meet-up: Allen gun show next weekend (October 1st or 2nd)?

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
For those of you in the Dallas area this coming weekend (October 1-2), there will be a gun show at the Allen Event Center on Saturday (9am-5pm) and Sunday (10am-4pm). Some other AH members and myself have briefly discussed the idea of a get together there on early Sunday afternoon (October 2nd), so I'm putting this out here to make it more official. If you would be interested in meeting up at the show, we could walk the aisles and maybe grab a beer at Kelly's across the street afterwards. There is also a Cabela's that is basically next door that we could visit as well. I'm thinking maybe around 1pm CST on Sunday afternoon of the 2nd, but let me know what works for you all. More gun show info available at the following link: https://www.premiergunshows.com/shows/allen-gun-show/

PS - in full disclosure, this is not one of the bigger shows in the area, but is pretty easy to get in and out of; and more importantly, just provides an opportunity for a local AH member meet-up.

Last edited:
I’ll see if I can clear the schedule. Sounds interesting

Thanks @cash_tx ! I should be able to make it for a bit on Sunday…

Quick update on this: Sounds like this Sunday (10/2) at 1:00pm works pretty good for those who are coming; so I will plan on being outside the entry doors to the Allen Event Center right around 1pm. If you want to meet up at that time, just drop me a DM and I can send you my cell number so you can text me when you arrive. Hope to see you there! :)

Still shooting for 1pm.. but I might have a conflict and could be late…

I’ll DM digits and see how things work out

Still shooting for 1pm.. but I might have a conflict and could be late…

I’ll DM digits and see how things work out
Thanks, and just sent you my number as well. Hope it works out! :)

Thanks for the invite, but my son and I will be at the range for a long overdue session with multiple rifles.
I look forward to reading your report on the event.

Thanks for the invite, but my son and I will be at the range for a long overdue session with multiple rifles.
I look forward to reading your report on the event.
Understood and perhaps another time. Have fun at the range; it's a perfect day for it! :)

It was a gorgeous weekend. I had a great time meeting you and walking the gun show. Thank you for the hospitality. Maybe our next North Texas meet-up should be at the gun range?

Indeed it was a pleasure, and that sounds good for next time. Cheers! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you