Dakota Arms 330 Dakota For Sale

Thanks for the response on an old thread! I see Dakota 76's in 330 Dakota for sale from time to time, at god prices, but I knew the ammo was non-existent and brass is rare. I am not a reloader, yet. Just wanted to know what I could do with one if the price was right for the rifle.

Thanks for the response on an old thread! I see Dakota 76's in 330 Dakota for sale from time to time, at god prices, but I knew the ammo was non-existent and brass is rare. I am not a reloader, yet. Just wanted to know what I could do with one if the price was right for the rifle.

The math doesn't work. I know I can get a rebore and rechamber done for $1500, but that the handful of groups that do it are unreliable or have a 2-year backlog. The time value of money, buying say a Dakota 330 for $4000 that would be worth $8000 as a 404 Jeffery, then sitting around twidling my thumbs for 2 years, then receiving the frankenstein gun that is underweight and not properly balanced as a largebore, only to find its now worth $6000-$6500 as best, just doesn't work for me personally.

If it were a single shot dakota 10 falling block, and the choice was going from 330 Dakota to 375HH Flanged, I know that the utility is far broader at the end, the weight won't be an issue, and if I can turn a $2000 gun into a $6000 gun in that manner, it is probably worth it. Alternatively, sending the gun back to Parkwest for a barrel/sights swap of a single shot is fairly straightforward, would take 6 months, and would cost $2000, that also would be worthwhile. The gun would be near-original since work performed by the same Dakota-Parkwest hands, therefore the final product by style, weight, balance, and aesthetic would have virtually no value loss over a new one.

Complex math calculations for highest and best use of the gun, the capital, and the buyer's time.

I've seen Dakota proprietary caliber rifles for absurdly cheap prices over the year, but none quite so cheap that the math works for me. If someone had the brass and was a handloader, it would be a wonderful gun to leave as-is and just enjoy driving a ferrari on a chevy budget.

Odd how this just popped up again since I just now got off the phone with Parkwest about EXACTLY this scenario. I have a Dakota model 10 in 330 Dakota...talked to Parkwest months ago and they ordered a 375 Flanged reamer...parts are now ready and they called to ask me to send the gun, which will take about 30 days since all is ready to go. Total cost for rebarrel and reamer order was 1750. Most of these projects would be much less since they have hundreds of reamers on hand. This might be their first 375 flanged project...or it was long ago and the reamer was lost. Also, very interesting to hear that Parkwest has no 330 Dakota brass on hand although they have everything else for Dakotas.

Odd how this just popped up again since I just now got off the phone with Parkwest about EXACTLY this scenario. I have a Dakota model 10 in 330 Dakota...talked to Parkwest months ago and they ordered a 375 Flanged reamer...parts are now ready and they called to ask me to send the gun, which will take about 30 days since all is ready to go. Total cost for rebarrel and reamer order was 1750. Most of these projects would be much less since they have hundreds of reamers on hand. This might be their first 375 flanged project...or it was long ago and the reamer was lost. Also, very interesting to hear that Parkwest has no 330 Dakota brass on hand although they have everything else for Dakotas.

Great post, @Green Chile . Would you answer some questions for posterity? Did your barrel include a quarter rib or island rear sight? Did you upgrade to standing/folding sights and a front hood or pop up night sight? Did the price you quoted include a barrel band swivel?

Great questions. I had to pull up the quote again to refresh my memory. Rebarrel with barrel band and no sights is $1250 including test fire/target info shared with me. Currently, that's my order but I'm considering having sights added. Optional costs would be quarter rib and hooded front sight is $895...or rear island and standard front sight is $595. Reamer cost since they didn't have it on hand was $275. These are current prices verified today with Jason at Parkwest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross