Dakota 76 Safari .375 H&H/W Zeiss Conquest/Talley Rings.

SteveConroy84

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Selling my Dakota Arms 76 Safari .375 H&H/W Zeiss Conquest/Tally Rings.
I will sell the rifle without the scope, but not the scope without the rifle. I'll also included 50 rounds of .375 H&H ammo.
asking $6900. The rifle is at my hangar in Georgia. Don't tire kick me on here, I'm not interested in your comments, opinions, or what "you think." I'm a busy man.

Thanks,
Steve

IMG_9137.jpg
IMG_9138.jpg
IMG_9139.jpg
IMG_9140.jpg
IMG_9141.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, you may be a busy guy but you will have to use the PM system for members to contact you.
It is for your security.

It's in his hangar in Georgia.

Selling my Dakota Arms 76 Safari .375 H&H/W Zeiss Conquest/Tally Rings.
I will sell the rifle without the scope, but not the scope without the rifle. I'll also included 50 rounds of .375 H&H ammo.
asking $6900. The rifle is at my hangar in Georgia. Don't tire kick me on here, I'm not interested in your comments, opinions, or what "you think." I'm a busy man.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve,
How long is the barrel and LOP?
Thanks

What a “warm and fuzzy” offer to sell. Must of had a bad day when he posted. At least he ended with a “Thanks”.

Thank goodness I’m in Africa and couldn’t be tempted to waste anyone’s time making enquiries.

Is it OK to ask a question about the rifle?..............FWB

Since he’s such a grouch, I have to troll.

The rifle it self on blowout over the past 4 years at Cabelas went for $2400-$3400, even though MSRP was around $5800. Given, his has the 2x wood upgrade, the ebony forend tip, and the quarter rib and barrel band which are nice upgrades, yet it isn’t a deluxe model or a traveler. The MSRP $900 conquest 1-4 has been on blowout for more than a year at EuroOptic for $429. Talley rings will set you back $150 with mounts.

So all in, new, you could put this kit together for under $4k if you had shopped right. Or, you could pay full retail with the advert above. Or, for $6900 you could add a few more benjamins and get yourself a London Rigby.

Normally, I don’t call out these obvious details, but the advert just begged for calling out these facts. Don’t reply to me though, I’m a busy man. (As though anyone who can afford $6900 guns isn’t gainfully employed and quite busy?)

Since he’s such a grouch, I have to troll.

The rifle it self on blowout over the past 4 years at Cabelas went for $2400-$3400, even though MSRP was around $5800. Given, his has the 2x wood upgrade, the ebony forend tip, and the quarter rib and barrel band which are nice upgrades, yet it isn’t a deluxe model or a traveler. The MSRP $900 conquest 1-4 has been on blowout for more than a year at EuroOptic for $429. Talley rings will set you back $150 with mounts.

So all in, new, you could put this kit together for under $4k if you had shopped right. Or, you could pay full retail with the advert above. Or, for $6900 you could add a few more benjamins and get yourself a London Rigby.

Normally, I don’t call out these obvious details, but the advert just begged for calling out these facts. Don’t reply to me though, I’m a busy man. (As though anyone who can afford $6900 guns isn’t gainfully employed and quite busy?)
Maybe he will throw in some wedding photos?!

How about the rings?
Can I buy just the scope rings?

I think 84 may benefit from a week at charm school. Life‘s lessons well learned should remain with you always. You always catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I get the busy, leave me alone scenario. I buy guns from a few dealers that are ornery and busy. Basically, put ten grand in my hand or F-off.
However, those no-nonsense dealers are selling things wholesale for a quick turn and no chit-chat. That’s different than asking gigantic full-retail where a lot of tummy rubbing, more photos, lengthy conversations, more measurements, and lots of care-and-feed of potential buyers is required.

the F-off price is $3500. The full service friendly seller price above is going to require better customer service than Steve Barnett because not even he could achieve that price in his retail establishment with layaway, credit card, and additional incentives.

I think 84 may benefit from a week at charm school. Life‘s lessons well learned should remain with you always. You always catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

How much for the gun, talley bases and rings? And may we see a photo of the muzzle area?

I get the busy, leave me alone scenario. I buy guns from a few dealers that are ornery and busy. Basically, put ten grand in my hand or F-off.
However, those no-nonsense dealers are selling things wholesale for a quick turn and no chit-chat. That’s different than asking gigantic full-retail where a lot of tummy rubbing, more photos, lengthy conversations, more measurements, and lots of care-and-feed of potential buyers is required.

the F-off price is $3500. The full service friendly seller price above is going to require better customer service than Steve Barnett because not even he could achieve that price in his retail establishment with layaway, credit card, and additional incentives.
RH, I realize many of you are just toying with 84 since he came across so strong in his original post. About 18-24 months ago, (to the best of my memory), he was looking for a 505 Gibbs. A friend of mind had a MRC 505 Gibbs for sale on consignment. I connected the two of them. I don't think they ever made a deal, but 84 was pleasant to deal with never the less. Maybe he was just having a bad day when he made this post. One thing we do agree on though is that Steve Barnett is a complete ass, at least to guys at my income level. I think you will need that $10,000 cash in your pocket just to talk to him.

RH, I realize many of you are just toying with 84 since he came across so strong in his original post. About 18-24 months ago, (to the best of my memory), he was looking for a 505 Gibbs. A friend of mind had a MRC 505 Gibbs for sale on consignment. I connected the two of them. I don't think they ever made a deal, but 84 was pleasant to deal with never the less. Maybe he was just having a bad day when he made this post. One thing we do agree on though is that Steve Barnett is a complete ass, at least to guys at my income level. I think you will need that $10,000 cash in your pocket just to talk to him.
Actually Steve Barnett won't talk to you if you have $100k in your hand... the only way he will talk you is if you are some sort of psychic median... because Steve died about 7 weeks ago!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg