Dakota 76 Safari .375 H&H/W Zeiss Conquest/Talley Rings.

SteveConroy84

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Selling my Dakota Arms 76 Safari .375 H&H/W Zeiss Conquest/Tally Rings.
I will sell the rifle without the scope, but not the scope without the rifle. I'll also included 50 rounds of .375 H&H ammo.
asking $6900. The rifle is at my hangar in Georgia. Don't tire kick me on here, I'm not interested in your comments, opinions, or what "you think." I'm a busy man.

Thanks,
Steve

IMG_9137.jpg
IMG_9138.jpg
IMG_9139.jpg
IMG_9140.jpg
IMG_9141.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Steve, you may be a busy guy but you will have to use the PM system for members to contact you.
It is for your security.

Scott CWO

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
Selling my Dakota Arms 76 Safari .375 H&H/W Zeiss Conquest/Tally Rings.
I will sell the rifle without the scope, but not the scope without the rifle. I'll also included 50 rounds of .375 H&H ammo.
asking $6900. The rifle is at my hangar in Georgia. Don't tire kick me on here, I'm not interested in your comments, opinions, or what "you think." I'm a busy man.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve,
How long is the barrel and LOP?
Thanks

Areaonereal

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
What a “warm and fuzzy” offer to sell. Must of had a bad day when he posted. At least he ended with a “Thanks”.

Hearties

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
SAHGCA, SA WIngshooters, NHSA
Hunted
RSA, Botswana, Namibia
Thank goodness I’m in Africa and couldn’t be tempted to waste anyone’s time making enquiries.

flatwater bill

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
Is it OK to ask a question about the rifle?..............FWB

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Since he’s such a grouch, I have to troll.

The rifle it self on blowout over the past 4 years at Cabelas went for $2400-$3400, even though MSRP was around $5800. Given, his has the 2x wood upgrade, the ebony forend tip, and the quarter rib and barrel band which are nice upgrades, yet it isn’t a deluxe model or a traveler. The MSRP $900 conquest 1-4 has been on blowout for more than a year at EuroOptic for $429. Talley rings will set you back $150 with mounts.

So all in, new, you could put this kit together for under $4k if you had shopped right. Or, you could pay full retail with the advert above. Or, for $6900 you could add a few more benjamins and get yourself a London Rigby.

Normally, I don’t call out these obvious details, but the advert just begged for calling out these facts. Don’t reply to me though, I’m a busy man. (As though anyone who can afford $6900 guns isn’t gainfully employed and quite busy?)

Aaron N

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
Since he’s such a grouch, I have to troll.

The rifle it self on blowout over the past 4 years at Cabelas went for $2400-$3400, even though MSRP was around $5800. Given, his has the 2x wood upgrade, the ebony forend tip, and the quarter rib and barrel band which are nice upgrades, yet it isn’t a deluxe model or a traveler. The MSRP $900 conquest 1-4 has been on blowout for more than a year at EuroOptic for $429. Talley rings will set you back $150 with mounts.

So all in, new, you could put this kit together for under $4k if you had shopped right. Or, you could pay full retail with the advert above. Or, for $6900 you could add a few more benjamins and get yourself a London Rigby.

Normally, I don’t call out these obvious details, but the advert just begged for calling out these facts. Don’t reply to me though, I’m a busy man. (As though anyone who can afford $6900 guns isn’t gainfully employed and quite busy?)
Maybe he will throw in some wedding photos?!

Areaonereal

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I think 84 may benefit from a week at charm school. Life‘s lessons well learned should remain with you always. You always catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
I get the busy, leave me alone scenario. I buy guns from a few dealers that are ornery and busy. Basically, put ten grand in my hand or F-off.
However, those no-nonsense dealers are selling things wholesale for a quick turn and no chit-chat. That’s different than asking gigantic full-retail where a lot of tummy rubbing, more photos, lengthy conversations, more measurements, and lots of care-and-feed of potential buyers is required.

the F-off price is $3500. The full service friendly seller price above is going to require better customer service than Steve Barnett because not even he could achieve that price in his retail establishment with layaway, credit card, and additional incentives.

I think 84 may benefit from a week at charm school. Life‘s lessons well learned should remain with you always. You always catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

C.W. Richter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
How much for the gun, talley bases and rings? And may we see a photo of the muzzle area?

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
I get the busy, leave me alone scenario. I buy guns from a few dealers that are ornery and busy. Basically, put ten grand in my hand or F-off.
However, those no-nonsense dealers are selling things wholesale for a quick turn and no chit-chat. That’s different than asking gigantic full-retail where a lot of tummy rubbing, more photos, lengthy conversations, more measurements, and lots of care-and-feed of potential buyers is required.

the F-off price is $3500. The full service friendly seller price above is going to require better customer service than Steve Barnett because not even he could achieve that price in his retail establishment with layaway, credit card, and additional incentives.
RH, I realize many of you are just toying with 84 since he came across so strong in his original post. About 18-24 months ago, (to the best of my memory), he was looking for a 505 Gibbs. A friend of mind had a MRC 505 Gibbs for sale on consignment. I connected the two of them. I don't think they ever made a deal, but 84 was pleasant to deal with never the less. Maybe he was just having a bad day when he made this post. One thing we do agree on though is that Steve Barnett is a complete ass, at least to guys at my income level. I think you will need that $10,000 cash in your pocket just to talk to him.

Jager Waffen74

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, NRA, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hunted
Tanzania, Nimibia, S. Africa, New Zealand, Mexico, Yukon, Northwest Territories
RH, I realize many of you are just toying with 84 since he came across so strong in his original post. About 18-24 months ago, (to the best of my memory), he was looking for a 505 Gibbs. A friend of mind had a MRC 505 Gibbs for sale on consignment. I connected the two of them. I don't think they ever made a deal, but 84 was pleasant to deal with never the less. Maybe he was just having a bad day when he made this post. One thing we do agree on though is that Steve Barnett is a complete ass, at least to guys at my income level. I think you will need that $10,000 cash in your pocket just to talk to him.
Actually Steve Barnett won't talk to you if you have $100k in your hand... the only way he will talk you is if you are some sort of psychic median... because Steve died about 7 weeks ago!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nemabwe98

Latest profile posts

Who provides you with an interpretive safari to enlighten your wilderness experience. We are safari outfitters specializing in excellent custom or Tailormade safaris in Tanzania. If you are looking for a safari in Tanzania, you have come to the right place and the right safari company. We create Best Memories of your African Safari
Hello to All members of this group, My name is Basili Agustino I have just joined this great community with the, Vervet safari and tours Tanzania which is a focused Tanzanian tour company that provides travel services that are personally designed and professionally guided by Tanzania’s finest and highly trained professional safari guides,
eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?
Bob Nelson 35Whelen wrote on jwp475's profile.
@jwp475
If you need help with your Whelen loads please PM me
Bob