Dakota 76 African Traveler 2 Barrel Set With Extras For Sale

The rifle arrived today and Christmas came a week early. I can assure everyone it is everything Limpopo promised and more. Can't wait to get some rounds loaded up and pull the trigger. Now to start planning that next adventure to Africa. Cape Buffalo, Oryx and maybe a Mountain Zebra with this rifle combination my basis are covered. Merry Christmas everyone.

Congratulations!

Wow! Congratulations!

Mbaugh- Thanks for the feedback and sounds like the Traveler is the catalyst for your next trip. Enjoy!

Now on the prowl for another double.....

The rifle is now gone, so lets talk about that beautiful elephant hide!

Hate that I missed this one... Beautiful gun in usable calibers. Congrats to both seller and buyer.

Looking for a Time Machine back to 2018. Can anyone help? I will buy this, GameStop stock, hand sanitizer and M95 masks.

If no Time Machine assistance, MBaugh—hope you love it!

Good day RR 314. Yes I love the Dakota it’s been to Africa twice and headed to Mozambique next year for a buffalo hunt.

Glad it is being used! Awesome gun and combo. I would love to find a .400 .300 H&H set.

I've never seen one, but that doesn't mean they never made one. Probably the best traveller combo I've seen is 375HH/458Lott. They use the same bolt face so they were a logical pairing.

I have seen proprietary dakota multi barrel travelers since they all use 404J as their parent case, but you're back in proprietary land as a consequence.

I had heard of a smallbore traveller years ago but never saw pictures. It was 06 based, with a 35 Whelen as the largest and a 270W in the mix. I can't recall what the third barrel was, but I'd say pretty cool idea.

I've never seen one, but that doesn't mean they never made one. Probably the best traveller combo I've seen is 375HH/458Lott. They use the same bolt face so they were a logical pairing.

I have seen proprietary dakota multi barrel travelers since they all use 404J as their parent case, but you're back in proprietary land as a consequence.

I had heard of a smallbore traveller years ago but never saw pictures. It was 06 based, with a 35 Whelen as the largest and a 270W in the mix. I can't recall what the third barrel was, but I'd say pretty cool idea.
I am fairly certain I saw one in .300 WSM and .270 WSM at some point. May have been conventional Winchester, but my weary brain tells me it was WSM. I just recall calibers and remember not much difference in the pairing.

Last edited:
The 400 H&H is a great caliber and I’ve got the best of both worlds with the 375 as the second barrel. RR 314 my wife says you can have the right of first refusal if I make her mad and she start selling my possessions.

One set just sold on GI that was 300 win mag and 458 Lott.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross