Czech Republic - Constitutional right to bear arms - finally 2/A in EU!!!

mark-hunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunting club, target shooting club, national hunting and shooting organisations
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland

JUNE 23, 2021​

Right to Use a Weapon in Self-Defense to be Enshrined in Czech Constitution​

Czech lawmakers approved an amendment that will enshrine the right to use a weapon in self-defense in the Czech constitution – a new right that will be included in the country’s Charter of Fundamental Rights and Freedoms.

The amendment was approved in reaction to the revised EU’s Firearms Directive applicable since 2018, setting stricter rules regarding the possession and acquisition of firearms and banning certain types of semi-automatic weapons.

The EU directive was revised in response to the 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris.

The Czech Republic opposed the proposal and challenged the directive before the EU Court of Justice in Luxembourg, but without success.

Currently, there are more than 300,000 gun-owners in the Czech Republic.

Possession of firearms has also been considered an attribute of liberty after they were banned during Nazi occupation and then allowed only for those loyal to the Communist regime in the 20th century.

According to Czech lawmakers, the new amendment will prevent further restrictions and strengthen the Czech position in talks on the future EU firearms regulation.

The constitutional amendment stems from a petition written by Czech arms owners, sport shooters and hunters.

The petition was signed by more than 100,000 people.

it is still a far cry from the 2nd Amendment. But definitely a nice step in the right direction.

As close as it can get to 2a.
EU (EU commision, and Eu Parliament) are restrictive in latest EU firearm directive. There was strong intention and debate to ban semi auto rifles. It did not pass, but it was a close call. So, implementing gun ownership in the constitutional civil rights bill, of one of the EU member states is very significant presendent. A strong message.
It started with petition signed by 100.000 Czech gun owners, and then supported by their (pro gun) president.
True example of real democracy.

Last edited:
Anybody knows a good Czech language teacher?

My wife speaks fluent czech, and is preschol teacher.

So happy for you my Friend :)

Except i dont live in czech epublic.
Interesting is that eastern europens are mooving things in goid direction. Czech in this example. President of ipsc, is russian, etc

All the former warsaw pact,hardline ex commy coubtries developes forward, other countries on the other hand ..

The Czechs dont want to hear their national music by Smetana on radio as a signal of conflict erupting,nor they dont want a " Reichsprotector of Bohmen and Moravia " once more either.

This is organization that apparently started this initiative in Czech republic.
Their motives are very similar and comparable to american 2/a.

Except i dont live in czech epublic.
Interesting is that eastern europens are mooving things in goid direction. Czech in this example. President of ipsc, is russian, etc
:E Rofl:I know, I meant as a European :)

Maybe more Europeans are realiseing that the EU is starting to behave more like a 4th Reich dictated to by an un-elected Commission. Brittain has left, Poland is making separation noises and the Czecks now have to make constitutional changes to protect what should be a purely internal matter. Maybe its time to dissolve the EU and allow nations to make their own decision according to the will of their people.

Maybe more Europeans are realiseing that the EU is starting to behave more like a 4th Reich dictated to by an un-elected Commission. Brittain has left, Poland is making separation noises and the Czecks now have to make constitutional changes to protect what should be a purely internal matter. Maybe its time to dissolve the EU and allow nations to make their own decision according to the will of their people.

Dissolving the eu is a step too far in my opinion. More reform, so to have leaders directly elected, and reduce the power of the eu, by giving more autonomy to the nations.

I know, I meant as a European

With firearm regs in EU, there is a lot of PIA.
It would not be realistic to assume that firearm regulations in EU will ever be similar to USA.
How ever, Czechs are giving good example, how civil ownership of firearms can be protected.

But, from my perspective it is still not too bad in other EU countries..
For me, the measuring stick is black rifle, ar15.
In how many countries in the world a person can legally buy ar15 in local shop?
Western world, and western democracies are closing down on ar15, fast - UK, New Zealand, Canada. In USA - is ever going debate on this.

In my country, I can buy ar15, legally. This is possible after last gun law ammendments.
So, I would put my country, as one of more liberal gun-laws countries in the world.

I wonder how much the EU is influenced by the East German Communist Merkel?. The EU was originally formed as a European common market and morphed into a European dictatorship wannabe. The writing was on the wall when they wanted one political party to rule and one currency. The UK resisted both.

The UK resisted both.
I should say - luckily!
Because while in EU, they had one of the strongest anti gun votes. At least we, on the continent, are left without that part of influence.

At this moment, I think that Netherland is strongest anti gun country on the continent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois