Cz550 standard bottom metal

Buffhunter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Australia, South Africa
hello,

I just picked up a cz550 in 300 win mag. The bottom metal is not metal but actually plastic. Does anyone know who makes an after bottom metal for it, as im not a fan of the plastic? Tbh i dont know why cz did this on these rifles.

Thanks

I bought mine from CZ USA directly. They had them in stock (550 Medium), price wasn't too bad. They should have no problem shipping one to you if you are in the USA.

Thank you. I'm in Australia which means I'll have to deal through Winchester Australia. That'll be fun. Six month wait just to get a reply.

Ahh, I see. I am located in Canada, so know something about the wait that these companies put you through. Just a heads-up regarding price; A CZ rep here in Canada had some bottom metal for sale, my price was $120 CAD! The same piece of metal from CZ USA was only $28 US. I ended up buying from CZ USA, but had to ship to the relative of a friend down there because CZ would not ship across the Canadian border. That relative then stuck it in the post and mailed it to me. I am guessing you too will have to pay through the nose for that same piece of bottom metal due to tariffs and such. If you have any contacts in the USA, perhaps it would be faster, and way more cost effective to ask a favour of them.
The CAN and AUS $ sits around the same against the greenback right now.

Ill speak to my mate in Houston to order it in for me a post it here,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg