AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Texas, Louisiana, Florida
14e03sy.jpg
CZ550 Safari Magnum in .375 H&H, right bolt, Leupold 1-4x20 in Leupold QRW quick-detachable rings. Like new, fired just 17 times, including 1 Cape buffalo cow (see photo), 1 bull elk, and 1 pronghorn doe (the 300gr Barnes TSX that went through the pronghorn is probably still going). My dad and I were planning to go back to Zimbabwe in 2009, but he died of lung cancer that summer. I don't need a dangerous game rifle, but it's taken me awhile to let it go.

CZ-USA -> CZ 550 Safari Magnum

I will include 44 rounds of Federal Vital Shok with 300gr Barnes TSX and 19 rounds of Federal Cape Shok with 300gr Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer solids -- about $200 worth of ammo (if it were actually available in stores now!).

$1150 to your FFL in the Lower 48 of the USA, or $1050 face to face in Washington state. Your FFL must accept from a private individual.

5% of sale price will be donated to africahunting.com.

Attachments

• 14e03sy.jpg
    14e03sy.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 195
Sorry about your dad, that's an excellent price. If I was in WA, I'd pick it up.

Thanks for the condolences. At least my dad got to hunt in Africa once (2007) -- it was a highlight for him and for those of us who went with him to Zimbabwe.

I'd just like to pass the .375 along to someone who will enjoy it for its intended purpose.

I'll be going to Namibia next July on a plainsgame hunt, but I'm planning to use my dad's .300 Win for that.

Our Condolence to you and your family. Thats a fine rifle you should have no problem finding a buyer for it. Good luck on your hunt next year please give us a hunting report when you get back.

Do you happen to have any additional photos of the rifle?

I don't have any other photos handy, but I could take some. What, specifically, would you like to see?

Where in WA are you. I am working on a job in Yakima for the next week. Might have an interest in looking at it.

Toby, Good move and good luck on your plains game safari. Hog

Where in WA are you. I am working on a job in Yakima for the next week. Might have an interest in looking at it.

PM sent.

Toby,
Very sorry to hear about your dad.
Some of the best hunting memories I have are of hunting with my dad. He is still with us but just doesn't have the strength to go any more so I share my stories and pictures with him.
I received your PM and hope to respond to you shortly. I am working 12hr shifts hence the late reply.
Karol, my wife, and I got back from South Africa for our first tip in June. What an amazing time... We can't wait to go back! As everyone here has warned us, once you go you will return. Since we have been back, life has kept us busy. We run a farm and both work full time outside of the farm so I haven't been able to post our hunting report yet. Winter is coming and I will catch up once the ground is frozen and get the report on AH with pictures.
We hunted plains game and both caught the fever so bad that it is all we talk about. We will be going back many times and eventually I would I really like to get into a cape buffalo and the rest of the big five. In order to do this I need to have the right equipment. Everything I have heard of the CZ550 rifles has been great and I am very interested in getting a chance to take a look at it and share some Africa stories with you.
Hope to talk with you soon
Trevor

Hi Trevor. Happy to swap stories anytime, and if you like we can arrange for you to give the CZ a try. PM me when you have some spare time. As a former farm boy I can appreciate that this is a busy time!

Toby

Hi Trevor. Happy to swap stories anytime, and if you like we can arrange for you to give the CZ a try. PM me when you have some spare time. As a former farm boy I can appreciate that this is a busy time!

Toby

PM sent

Trevor, that's a great gun, hope you buy it! I too grew up on a farm!

Well I didnt grow up on a farm too.;) But rather a houseboat on Lake Union in Seattle, before it was fashionable.:eek:

Thank you Toby!

Toby,
Thank you very much for your patience working around my work schedule. I am ecstatic that we were able to finally meet.
It is a beautiful rifle that I can't wait to get home and try out. I promise to take her to Africa several times and will send you photos and stories of all the adventures we have together.
It was great to talk to someone else that has been bit by the African bug. Good luck on your upcoming hunt.
Wish you the best.
JTT

Hi Trevor. It was great to meet you, too, and to hear about your past hunt and future plans. I hope you enjoy the .375 and the eland tenderloins!

Good hunting!

Toby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg