CZ550 458 lott Feeding issue

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I've got a 550 in 458 Lott and it has ran fine up until now I suppose because I have ran Hornady DG bullets and it Liked them but I bought dome speer Hot Cor 350gr just for messing around and dome Woodleigh protected point 500gr and she ain't cycling so well. Anything not round nose seems to occasionally hang up.
What are my options? I know AHR seems to be the go to and that is fine. I plan to call them when they reopen on the 4th on Jan. Any other options I'm overlooking. I have a 375 as well and so far no issues and I hate to mess with it because it shoots amazing. However I wouldn't mind having the 3 position safety on it.

AHR is no longer doing CZ 550 upgrades. The CZ custom shop Triple River Gunsmithing is also MIA. You/I and everyone else with CZ 550s will have to look for other alternatives. Wish us luck!

I am going to have one of my 458's converted to 450 rigby. I have found a reputable gun smith here in Missouri. I will let you guys know how it comes out once the project is done.

Please do keep me in the loop. I'm in KY so if you are in MO then this gunsmith may not be too far from me either.

Well that's just awesome. Guess I'll have to watch some YouTube and break out the Dremel ha ha
Yep, or find a “Bubba” gunsmith to butcher it. I actually know a gunsmith here who might be able to do some work as he builds custom rifles. But his rifles are generally built on Howa, Tikka and Vanguard actions, so I don’t know if he could do the work. Although he has built some rifles off pre 64 actions. I’ll contact him and find out. His website is High Tech Custom Rifles here in Colorado Springs. He has built two rifles (.300WM and .338 Lapua) for my father in law.

Last edited:
The one I am looking at is well known for most of the gun shops locally. I have talked to him over the phone couple of times. He also have very good reviews. I may know him or worked somewhere with him. I work with a lot of Tool&Die, Model makers, large stamping die makers. I will keep you posted.

I may do that. It'll feed hornady DGS fine and maybe other round nose. Haven't tried yet but woodleigh protected point and Barnes are a hard no

I may do that. It'll feed hornady DGS fine and maybe other round nose. Haven't tried yet but woodleigh protected point and Barnes are a hard no
Mine are feeding factory Nosler 500gr partitions intermittently poor. This bolt face shouldn’t have left the factory like this. I bought my CZ barely used, but look at the serrations on the edge:

F7E2FF93-4B0C-4AE3-8B63-0BE459080168.jpeg

Contact Wayne at AHR I spoke with him the other day he is very busy but I bet he can help you out.

Contact Wayne at AHR I spoke with him the other day he is very busy but I bet he can help you out.
Thanks, I will. I probably could just send him the bolt?

He I bet has a backlog of work and likely will need you to wait a bit but at some point I am sure he could get it fixed for you. He does excellent work I highly recommend him. Give him a call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stitchcart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg