CZ550 .375 Scope Questions

To the OP I'm much in the same boat as you re scope selection. However I have got a nice little red dot sight that I think I might use for CQ DG!! I never knew nikon was held in such high esteem. Might have to hunt one out!!

Just put a Nikon Monarch III 1-4x20 w/German #4 reticle on my CZ 550 in 416 Rigby. Tried it out at the range yesterday. Worked fine. Fired about 20 rounds off the bench (it's all I had for ammo). Had no problems. The clarity of the glass is superb! As I have posted before I have Nikon Monarch III's, Leupold VX 3's, and Zeiss HD5 scopes. There is no difference in viewing clarity. I only have experience with the Prostaff 5 and Monarch III series of Nikon's. The main advantage of Nikons is that they make their own glass. It is the same glass that is used in their camera's. Warranty is very good also.

Hi 8x68,

What mounts are you using?

Ado

I just installed a Trijicon 2.5x10 x55 on my 300wsm for my upcoming leopard hunt. I went with the post type sight. The scope looks to be extremely well made and the light gathering is better than anything I have ever owned. I ve has Leupold's on all of my rifles from 270 up to 338 and have never had to send one back for repair. I did put a Nikon on my muzzleloader since I knew I would not use it that much and honestly did not want to spend the money on a Leupold. I suggest you look into the Trijicon line.

Hi 8x68,

What mounts are you using?

Ado
Burris Medium height CZ 550 ringmounts. I usually use CZ or Talley's but my retailer didn't have any in the height I wanted.
IMG_3739.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg