CZ550 375 H&H - scope options

Bokmeister

Reaction score
Looks like this has been discussed before, but as a relative newbie here I wondered if and what the experienced folk put on their rifles...
I've got a 416 Rigby for my bigger quests (buffalo on the menu at the moment) but for plains game I was going to go 375...
have my eye on a swaro z6 1-10x42 which I was also going to use on my 308 in the uk as a stalking scope for roe, fallow and reds.
Would love to know if anyone has experience of any of these options or others to consider
Thank you!

SWAROVSKI Z6I 1.7-10X42​

Some rifles like the CZ have quite a long action so the mounting tube length can be an issue . There are some great posts on here that discuss the lengths needed for mounting a scope on the CZ. One day may have posted them, he is very good with CZ specifics.. I have two CZ 375, very good rifles. I have used vx2 2-7 , conquest 3-9 , and a Schmidt 3-12. All did the job, prefer the Schmidt but it is heavy and not a ton of elevation adjustments. The swaro you are looking at should be fantastic as well!

Screenshot_20201021-145703.png

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words machinistbutler.

I would suggest Bokmeister that you take a look at this post, it covers pretty much everything re. scopes for CZ 550 :)

I hope this helps...

You are absolutely correct Bokmeister to consider a 42 mm objective bell for a .375 H&H that may be used at dusk or dawn. The great "weakness" of straight tube scopes with 24 mm objective is that when used at high magnification they transmit at dusk and dawn barely half the light a human eye can use. Many folks who oversaw this aspect find their straight tube scope lacking in low light condition... (see attached link for further explanation).

PS: in the post that I suggest with the attached link, a surreptitious typo got the best of me. It says Swarovski Z4. There is no such thing. I meant Z3...

Last edited:
I've got a Z6i 1.7-10 on my 30-06. Great Plains game scope
Z8i 1-8 on the 375. The biggest strength of the 375 is its versatility. Put a 1-8 circle dot and you are good for up close and personal as well as shots at a reasonable distance. Versatile.

Z8i 1-8 on the 375. The biggest strength of the 375 is its versatility. Put a 1-8 circle dot and you are good for up close and personal as well as shots at a reasonable distance. Versatile.
I put the Z8i 1-8x24 on my 416RM.
The 375H&H got the Z8i 1.7-13.3x42.
Both have the 4A-IF (circle dot) reticle and we love 'em.

Had a CZ550 375H&H with a Leupold 1.5-5x20 non-illuminated reticle.
It was a great scope and I took 9 head of PG on one safari with it.
Not having illumination was a factor in my selling it.
Had it mounted in Warne QR rings and I never had a problem with it.
This rifle/scope combo now resides with another AH member.

I put the Z8i 1-8x24 on my 416RM.
The 375H&H got the Z8i 1.7-13.3x42.
Both have the 4A-IF (circle dot) reticle and we love 'em.

Had a CZ550 375H&H with a Leupold 1.5-5x20 non-illuminated reticle.
It was a great scope and I took 9 head of PG on one safari with it.
Not having illumination was a factor in my selling it.
Had it mounted in Warne QR rings and I never had a problem with it.
This rifle/scope combo now resides with another AH member.
I’ve got the z6i 1-6 on my 404. There may be better but I’ve stopped looking. I’m good until I have no use for a rifle any more and pass them on to my son.

VX6 2-12x with illuminated reticle

Thanks all, some really good information there
Love the combinations folks have on their setups, just hoping Covid lets me get out there soon!

I've got a SWAROVSKI Z6I 1.7-10X42 on my Blaser R8 9.3x62, previously on 7mmRM and works well on both, much more flexible for driven game and stalking than a 1x6x24, I beleive that the red dot option is essential. Took the boar in my avatar with the 7mmRM & this scope combination - 70 yards running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,