Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Hard to find rifle especially in this caliber. I have its twin in 7x57 and used to own the American version in this cal. I really like this model due to its having sights, two stock bolts and a second recoil lug up front as standard in this cal. Having pretty nice wood is also nice. And of all things this one has something I have never encountered on a CZ rifle before. A 3 position safety! Its legit too and it works perfectly. Anyone else ever see a CZ with a 3 position safety?
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1486.JPG
    IMG_1486.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 378
Nice wood for sure!!!

I know that AHR puts three position safeties on CZs. So I would say that the safety is after market. Never heard of one coming that way from the factory.

Ah, maybe that's how it got there.

I have that same rifle it doesn't have a 3 position safety.

I have a 9.3x62 with a genuine Mauser action it has a side safety and a lovely clean 1/14 twist Swedish barrel - it works just fine for me.

Royal is probably right, AHR maybe installed the safety. I don't care who put it there its great!

Kudu 1, is the rifle the one in your avatar?

My CZ 550FS chambered for the 9.3x62 came from the factory with a 3 position safety.

According to the CZ-USA website: " This safety is unique in the CZ line to the FS and Carbine Composite models."

all of my CZ 550's have 3 position safety's , I however had them installed after market as I prefer them .

the rifle pictured has a LUX stock , here in SA the LUX stocks are not preferred .

all of my CZ 550's have 3 position safety's , I however had them installed after market as I prefer them .

So let me ask this. What is it about the three position safety that everyone likes so much? Is it simply the additional safety and easy ability to see if it is on safe, not to mention working the bolt with the safety on?

Reason I ask is that i grew up using one, but when I got my CZ I've found that for pure on/off I like the two position better. when I shoulder the rifle the safety automatically comes off so easily. I will admit that I'm constantly checking that safety physically because you can't just easily glance, so I do get that point.

I like the lines in the wood on this rifle! You have a nice one sir.

Perhaps as above, its an AHR change or someone took one off a FS rifle. Either way I like it but never had any problem with just a 2 position safety either. This stock style is not for everyone but despite liking the looks of the more classic style better, this one shoulders very well and with its long 14.25" LOP, it fits me very well.

"Love at first sight" didn't exactly describe the Bavarian style butt stock. However, after I shot the rifle a few times I have to say I do love the ergonomics.
It does shoulder and point exceptionally well with both the factory irons and scope with medium rings.
Quickly has become one of my favorite rifles, and calibers.

I have the CZ 550 Mannlicher stock version in 9.3x62. Love it. Great calibre. Nice handling rifle. It's one of those calibre's that no matter what you shoot through it the POI is virtually the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois