JPbowhunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Gday,

Curious what folks know about this rifle? I think it's pretty brand spanking new in australia and retailing for under $3k. Not the prettiest rifle but doesn't seem terrible.

Im not in the market as i am currently having my 275 rigby put together but i have said the last gun for my safe is a 9.3 and a working mans double could fit the bill someday.

It fits me quite well, it’s an action shared with the combo, with a single trigger. Appears non selective. Unfortunately all my other doubles have two triggers.

User adjustable regulation is featured and the open sights are very tall, which suits a scope mount quite well. The same mount is used as per the combo.

I think it’s quite a nice piece of kit.

I did a search for it and it looks like Australia will be getting them, couldn't find any reference to here in the states. The hogback style stock works great with Irons and depending on how it fits you with optics. The adjustable regulation option looks interesting, I always wonder how well the adjustments hold when getting bounced around the hunting vehicles and airport baggage handlers. Hopefully some can chime in that has experience with it. I have never been a fan of single triggers, however there are a couple million guys and gals shooting single trigger shotguns and are happy with them. Looks like a great entry O/U double rifle. Hopefully someone that has shot one a fair bit can give us all some data.

A buddy and I just picked up a pair of these rifles in 9.3x74r. First impressions are good. Very nice rifle for the price, and nothing like it at that price point available in Canada. Shoulders beautifully, but we both find the comb to high for the irons. What have the rest of you done for optics? Considering a 1-4x28, or a red dot. The latter does feel a bit blasphemous.

A bit of thread resurrection...

'5 years went by and I'm older' :ROFLMAO:

I picked one up last year, took me a while to get the right mount, finally got around to getting it dialed in.

CZbouble.jpg

I got both barrels impacting within 2" at 50m without too much bother, and figured it would likely see diminishing returns if I persisted.

I'd consider that 'practically accurate'.

IMG_4107.jpg

The regulating mechanism seemed pretty simple, time will tell if it holds regulation, but it looks like the grub / lock screws will hold.

9.3x74R
PPU factory 286gr

Going to be a fun rifle, very 'pointable' and well balanced, recoil not to bad given it's weight.

Where did you find your mount? Mine has been sitting in the back of my safe for 5yrs unfired. Ordered a few mounts, but none fit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 7.55.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 7.55.57 AM.png
    732 KB · Views: 42

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg