tombkeeper

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI

They don’t make them like they used to…….

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 9.56.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 9.56.06 AM.png
    312.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 9.56.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 9.56.07 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 161
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 9.56.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 9.56.09 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 155
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 9.56.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 9.56.10 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 167
Wonder what thats all about? Those rifles have been around a long time, have never heard of any issues other than being rough when new.

what should be expected from $1K or less these days? Sad thing is that they bailed on the 550s in favor of this newer, cheaper to produce non-Mauser model. did they hire some Rem employees?

Wonder what thats all about? Those rifles have been around a long time, have never heard of any issues other than being rough when new.

I thought the CZ600 was fairly new. The 550 went away and the 600 is the new kid on the block.

Maybe so, to me the 600 is the first model, but that was BRNO. Didnt know they made a new 600 series.

Well sure enuf, there is a CZ 600! My old brain went right to the original 600 BRNO rifle. This new 600 rifle is butt ugly too by the way.
Wonder why they didnt give it a new number instead of numerically connecting it to the BRNO rifle.

Yep! I have one on the way as we speak,

Yes 550 CZ's are getting expensive by the day.
Glad I have a few as investment.
Krish

I have found a cz550 in 9.3x62 in very lightly used condition. What is the current value?

I have found a cz550 in 9.3x62 in very lightly used condition. What is the current value?
Whatever it sells for. Guys can ask whatever they like. All guns are going for premium right now it seems.

what should be expected from $1K or less these days? Sad thing is that they bailed on the 550s in favor of this newer, cheaper to produce non-Mauser model. did they hire some Rem employees?
there was a quote in the media somewhere at the time this happened...."It seems they've burned their ships on the beach (550) and retreated 180 degrees back (to the 600.)"

cz 600 safety warning
(Dont use the rifles, sorry for inconvenience...)

CZ 600 SAFETY WARNING.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up. Yes this is for the new CZ600 Rifles. I actually like some of the design and features for a target gun the range model. I wish they would come back out with the 550 series for a premium hunting rifle line with a few design updates (nitride finish the metal for corrosion/rust resistance and increased component life relocate the front action screw to behind the recoil lug like winchester did when they went to the model 70) and focus on quality control nothing else needed they would sell!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.17.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.17.22 AM.png
    438.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.17.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.17.24 AM.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.17.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.17.29 AM.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 69
I checked out their statement for the recall. I understand it as more of a CYA for potential liability of a customer improperly installing a barrel and their fix was simply to permanently attach the barrel to the action but they dont state exactly how they are doing this.

Last edited:
CZ-USA has recently learned of a potential safety issue with the CZ 600 bolt-action rifles. CZ-USA is voluntarily initiating a recall of these rifles to protect the safety of its customers because of the potential for a catastrophic failure if the barrel is not installed correctly.

To prevent the possibility of death or serious personal injury, you should immediately stop using your CZ 600 rifle and not load or fire it until it has been returned to CZ-USA to be inspected and modified.

CZ 600 rifles were designed to allow the users to replace the barrels themselves to change the caliber. CZ-USA has learned that if the barrel is improperly installed, it is possible that the rifle could still be fired, but potentially result in a catastrophic failure. CZ-USA will correct this issue by permanently installing the barrels in CZ 600 rifles. As a result, the barrels on CZ 600 rifles will no longer be interchangeable. CZ-USA understands that this solution may not be acceptable to some of our customers, in which case we will issue a full refund upon presentation of a valid receipt for the purchase of your rifle.

Just spoke with someone at cz usa. Based on what I was told it appears this is to protect the user (and cz themselves from the potential liability) from the risk of injury or death in the event that the barrel were to be installed INCORRECTLY and then fired. Their "fix" is to confirm the barrel is installed correctly and then epoxying and or otherwise doing something to the bolts that retain the barrel to the action so the user can no longer work them. My guess is an epoxy on the bolt head so a socket will not fit on it same principal as what winchester does with their moa trigger adjustment screw covering it with epoxy so the end user can not adjust it.

That is my understanding of the recall so far if anyone else hears more details or something different than what I have please let me know. It was kind of a let down the easy barrel swap ability of these was a selling point for the range model for higher volume precision target shooting. Being able to easily swap a barrel out with another factory barrel or aftermarket precision option was a nice feature

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg