CZ 550 / ZKK 602 Magazine spring

BRNO zkk602

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Greetings all

I hope everyone is well and keeping safe during this pandemic. I am hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction, I am trying to locate

X2 CZ 550 / ZKK 602 magnum magazine follower springs.

I am in the uk and trying to find such a creature here is nearly impossible, I’m not to sure if any of the UK based members here can help out ? Or if any of you guys in the states know of a website I can order from which will ship this side of the pond ?

I did find a website which sells them think they were $16 a piece but won’t ship to the uk which is a pain.

If anyone has any info it will be greatly appreciated

Keep safe

Hi, have you tried any of the UK hunting forums? There must be a few spares lying around in a gun smiths work shop somewhere here.

Thank you for the reply, I have tried a few I also got hold of Barrets in Surrey and sent them an email so they will get back to me but also emailed CZ uk and also the EU store. The only thing is they seem to deal with the .22 and that’s about it so just got to keep fingers crossed barrets comes through !!

I may have one, I'll look tomorrow, no promises, but if I have it and can find it, I'll mail it to you. I had Harlan at the CZ Custom Shop replace the spring in my 500 Jeffery for a heavier one. I think he sent me the original.

I may have one, I'll look tomorrow, no promises, but if I have it and can find it, I'll mail it to you. I had Harlan at the CZ Custom Shop replace the spring in my 500 Jeffery for a heavier one. I think he sent me the original.

That’s is very kind of you, I had an update from a gun shop here today and he managed to source me some factory springs so will try those and see how I go. Is there really a difference between the slings from a .375 to .500 Jeffery ? As in made specific or is it an aftermarket custom job to get heavier springs ?

I don't think there should be a difference. I had feeding issues so was working with Harlan at the CZ Custom Shop, Wayne at AHR and finally my local but very good gunsmith Kevin Weaver. I think the key was machining the follower to fit the fat 500 Jeffery cartridge. On the way I had Harlan work on it (he did it for free including the heavier magazine spring), Wayne polish the feed ramp, and Kevin machined the follower. I guess each Mauser magazine box, follower was made custom for each cartridge back in the old days. I think CZ does that as families of cartridges and the 500 Jeffery is a pain to get right. Anyway mine functions and shoots beautifully now. I've put it through every feeding/extracting torture test I could come up with. I love my 500 Jeffery. Best of luck with your 375 H&H.

I was heading to Africa for a hunt. The ph was having problems with his CZ spring and asked if I could bring one. I called CZ USA and within a week they sent me two springs for free that I was able to take with me to the ph. You might try them to see if they could ship one to you.

https://cz-usa.com/

Greetings all

I hope everyone is well and keeping safe during this pandemic. I am hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction, I am trying to locate

X2 CZ 550 / ZKK 602 magnum magazine follower springs.

I am in the uk and trying to find such a creature here is nearly impossible, I’m not to sure if any of the UK based members here can help out ? Or if any of you guys in the states know of a website I can order from which will ship this side of the pond ?

I did find a website which sells them think they were $16 a piece but won’t ship to the uk which is a pain.

If anyone has any info it will be greatly appreciated

Keep safe
I see that Brownells UK will special order from the US, I saw mag springs for sale on the American Hunting Rifles web shop but they told me they won’t ship to the UK when I enquired about a 3 position safety. If you are going down this route let me know as I may be needing a 3 position safety and combining an order could be beneficial. One person that would be worth trying would be Norman Clark gunsmith in Rugby as I recall he has made a few DG rifles over the years and may have something lying around. good luck with the search

When I type in search "ZKK 602", I get zero results. Probably search option is not working properly during forum upgrades these days???

Oh, well...

So I went in fire arm section 375 and up, and this was first title about ZKK 602 I found, so I went here, rather then spamming the forum with another short thread.

The question is not related to spring in subject but to cross bolts, quick question about ZKK 602.

Question:
As a factory made rifle, does ZKK 602 have crossbolts installed?
If, not, is it a problem for recoil, and for long term stress on stock for 375 H&H caliber?

Searching on the web, various photos, I see some of ZKK have crossbolt, one or two, some have not.

Next one:
Installing the crossbolts, is it problem with good gunsmith? Suppose not. But let me have the comments as well.

Thanks guys! I know you will not dissapoint me! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammie2072

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross