Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
I have the Safari Classic in 375 and its a nice rifle. Mounted a zeiss on it and its a shame because its been in the safe ever since. Its too big for plains game hunting imo but ill probably use it on buffalo soon. The action cycles well but i have to admit that i do not like the trigger one bit. Feels flimsy. Im sure you will love the gun since it is very accurate and durable.

Why do you think it is too big for PG? Just curious...

I agree that most PG can certainly be taken with a smaller cartridge, but the .375 H&H is great for pretty much anything, in my opinion. I have a Zeiss HD 2x 10 on mine and it worked great for both PG and DG.

I trained with mine so much before I went that I'm actually more comfortable with it now than I am with my .30/06 that I have had since I was 15. I plan on taking those two rifles to the Cape in May (all PG) and expect I will use the .375 more actually.

Largest animal taken with my .375:
DSC00424.JPG

Smallest Taken with my .375:
DSC00234.JPG

I held back on the Grysbok as i was shooting a TSX bullet and the damage was minimal. I also made a Texas heart shot on. Klipspringer with a solid, and again, minimal damage exiting the chest. Now if I had made that shot with the TSX I will admit I would have had a euro mount. ...

Point being, I think the .375 is the most versatile caliber out there.

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
the 375 H&H is excellent for game of all sizes as proved by Royal27 and thousands of other hunters who have used it all every critter in Africa. just when it comes to the little critters you use solids to reduce the damage. heck I wouldn't hesitate to use my 416 RM on small game with solids.

-matt

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
lies, all lies! dont listen to these guys slander my innocent reputation. ;)

o_O ok so why were you dealing out empty .585 hubel cases on friday night with info on how to buy them or a rifle inserted into the case!! ? think youre busted for serious dealing that night :A Tease::E Big Grin:

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
no idea what your talking about... :A Outta:

ok, so I admit I might be slightly guilty of talking people into using big bores some times. :A Pinocchio:

Mr. Hubel sent me some cases and fliers to hand out so I figured "why not". you cant tell me those 585 HE cases aren't cool!? they are so big one guy thought I was trying to give him a cigar! :E Rofl:

-matt

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
How long before you own one of those monsters Matt?

I figure once you buy one Mike will have to have one shortly thereafter!!! ;)

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
no idea what your talking about... :A Outta:

ok, so I admit I might be slightly guilty of talking people into using big bores some times. :A Pinocchio:

Mr. Hubel sent me some cases and fliers to hand out so I figured "why not". you cant tell me those 585 HE cases aren't cool!?

-matt

yup its a serious piece of brass :A Thumbs Up:. and it was good to meet you even if i only put 2 and 2 together in the aurora bar a bit later on. i should have made the connection as soon as you started waving the bag around holding the cases when we met for the AH drinks in the eyecandy bar :E Big Grin: :D Beers:

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Mr. Hubel said about 2-3 months for my rifle. as per my norm ill make a review thread on the gun when it shows up.

-matt

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
yup its a serious piece of brass :A Thumbs Up:. and it was good to meet you even if i only put 2 and 2 together in the aurora bar a bit later on. i should have made the connection as soon as you started waving the bag around holding the cases when we met for the AH drinks in the eyecandy bar :E Big Grin: :D Beers:

likewise, i had a blast! you and i will have to do some hunting together some time. (y)

-matt

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
How long before you own one of those monsters Matt?

I figure once you buy one Mike will have to have one shortly thereafter!!! ;)

:E Crazy Eyes: no thank you ! i am sat looking at the 585 case and that is plenty close enough for me , let alone a loaded one in a rifle!! :E Scared:
Image0344.jpg

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
You draw the line with any case that you can drop a .375 H&H case down into it I see? ;)

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
likewise, i had a blast! you and i will have to do some hunting together some time. (y)

-matt

yup just let us let us know when you want to come see the proper africa :E Big Grin::E Look Around::A Stirring:

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
You draw the line with any case that you can drop a .375 H&H case down into it I see? ;)

:E Hmmm:yup i suppose a skinny little .458lott is wimpy compared to that monster ;) but i dont think it will swallow a .500 jeff case .......mind you :unsure: i am sure matt will provide the answer to that :D

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
just wait till I invent the 800 Broidy, ill make a point of being able to fit a 505 Gibbs case inside of it.

-matt

Gsxrmike

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, SCI, DSC
Hunted
Zimbabwe, USA
I had better luck with CZ. My .404 Jeffery is beautiful. The action was just a bit sticky at first but after firing about 100 rounds through it, and cycling the action probably a couple hundred more times it feels very smooth and feeds all ammo I have tried without problems. Once I figure out how to post pics here I'll show you how lovely it looks.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
I had better luck with CZ. My .404 Jeffery is beautiful. The action was just a bit sticky at first but after firing about 100 rounds through it, and cycling the action probably a couple hundred more times it feels very smooth and feeds all ammo I have tried without problems. Once I figure out how to post pics here I'll show you how lovely it looks.

From your computer posting pics is as easy as "drag and drop." They will come right in!

We're waiting..... :whistle:

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
that's certainly a nice looking rifle!!

-matt

Gsxrmike

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, SCI, DSC
Hunted
Zimbabwe, USA
Thanks.

404 Jeffery bolt.jpg
404 Jeffery peep sight.jpg
404 Jeffery r profile.jpg
404 Jeffery safety and sight.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasCes

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.