AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD,CA) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
In case anyone is looking for one there is a CZ 550 Safari Magnum in 416 Rigby coming up for auction at Redding Auction Service in Gettysburg, PA It's listed as NIB, you can see photos on there website at www.reddingauction.com

You are a bad man for bringing this to my attention.

Awww, my pleasure. I guess....

It is always a double edged sword.
Timing is everything.

I bought the gun for $950. After adjusting trigger to 1 and 1/4 lb. set and 3 lb. unset, I started load development. Shoots Barnes 350 gr. TSX FBs and Banded Solids into 1 1/4 and 1 inch respectively at 100 yds using IMR4831 and Fed 215 primers in Hornady brass. It did not like the Hornady or Swift bullets in 350 or 400 grs regardless of the powder used. Played w/ Accurate 5744 reduced loads and it almost shot one holers at 100 yds w/ the 300 gr Barnes TSX FBs.

Leaving for SA on May 14 for my 3rd safari. Will go for Cape Buffalo, nyala and waterbuck this time. Perhaps some other game I don't already have.

Good rifle and great hunt coming up. Good luck.

Congrats and best of luck!

You bought a great rifle and calibre. I have the same and took that to Zimbabwe a couple of years ago. 1 old Buff and a rather small tuskless cow elephant. Try the Woodleigh bullets. mine will put 3 410 SN and 3 400 grain Hydros into the same inch at 100mts. I run 98 grains of AR2209 (H4350) for 2450fps with the SN and 2550 for the Hydros.

Hope you have an enjoyable and successful time.

Thanks to all of you. I didn't think I'd get any responses since there was so much time between the initial post about Redding's sale and my posting. Redding's is 25 minutes from my house and I generally hit all their sales. Have gotten some good buys over the years. Mainly I'm a small bore guy - .17s to .224s. Very fond of Coopers especially those from the early 90s. Probably shoot more shotgun than anything, mainly skeet w/ .410 and 28 gauge.

they are great rifles and excellent for SA bush .

mine shoots well whatever I feed through it , I push a 400g at 2280 fps .

I'm glad you got that gun and I'm also glad it's working out so well for you. Like you I live pretty close to Redding's and I'm there a lot and I've bought a bunch of guns from them. The last couple of years though real bargains are getting harder to come by, but once in a while one comes along that you just can't pass up. Congrats on your purchase and I hope that you get everything that you are hunting for with it.

Have a great time
Very nice rifle lots of good memories may it bring you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois