CZ 550 American Safari Magnum For Sale

I also want to thank all those who posted replies. Your comments and the respect I have for each of you made this an easy decision.
A special thanks to WestCo for going out of his way to work things out.
I look forward to buying you a beer and talking hunting when I make it over to pick it up
JTT

Congrats on the purchase @JTT !

Absolutely go for the Lott. I have a similar rifle that I rechambered the Lott. In the standard loads, the case is pretty short for the action (which is massive) and sometimes they hang up. I feeds wonderfully with the Lott. It also hits much harder. Consider a mercury recoil reducer in the stock since that's true for you and the animal.

The gunsmith is going to ream it to the Lott. Like Action Bob says it just makes sense to take him up on the offer.
WestCo mentioned the mercury recoil reducer. I think I would like to shoot it first and then decide. I may regret that decision later.

There's really no downside. I actually have two in mine. It adds a little but of weight, but you want that rifle up around 10 pounds anyway. Mine is still in the nines with two reducers. I can "handle" it either way, but my follow ups got a lot faster when I put them in.

Good buy on a great rifle! I've got a free reaming several times buying rifles on impulse but never 458WM to a Lott, mine were more painful than that! Lol
Keep your powder dry,
Cody

Finally got the chance to make the trip down to Colorado to pick up the rifle. WestCo and his gunsmith went way out of their way on this deal. Not only did they ream it out to the Lott, they worked over the feed to insure it fed flawlessly, adjusted the headspace, they threw in a soft case, and about 80 loaded rounds of 458 Win with some empty brass as well. Great guys to do business with.
WestCo,
It was great meeting you and your wife. Good hunting stories over a nice dinner and a couple of cold beers is just what I needed to get really excited about the new rifle and plans for my next trip over. Thank you
If you ever get up this way, look us up. We would love to get together.
We may have to come see you and shoot some of those prairie dogs you have down there. They seem to be out of control he he he.
JTT

@JTT I just got back to this thread... Missed the comment on the recoil reducer... So did you get one installed? My CZ in 505 Gibbs came with it and I think it is a big help. Darned glad to have it.

And in any case, Congrats on taking "action" and scooping up this great deal;)

Didn't install one yet. Like I say, I might regret that decision later.
Can't wait to shoot it to find out. Might have to slip out with it tonight after work.
JTT

Congrats!! on a nice rifle at a great price.

Rifle57, I see you closed a really good deal today as well

No. I did not get the 416 some one else got that one.

Sorry about that. When I saw you make the offer to take it, and the next post was that it was sold, I thought you got it, but now I see he was just telling you that it was already sold.
Hang in there though, there has been a lot of good deals on some great rifles lately
JTT

That's Ok it was not for me any way A friend wanted it.I think I will just build one some time soon I hope.

Wonder if the wife would believe she really needs this for her Valentine's day present. Of course once she shoots it and finds the recoil to be too much for her, I would happily take it off her hands so it could not abuse her anymore.........
That won't work, she would probably love it and my plan would fall apart.

Guess I should just buy it and say I found it in the attic.
Did you sell it yet?
JTT
Get a cheap fixture, cord and shade and bring it home as a lamp. She will most likely hate it, out to the garage, then sneak it into the gun rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg