CZ 416 Rigby

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I am listing my CZ 550 in 416 rigby. You all know the deal, same as in the 460 weatherby post. A fellow member has a double that he has offered to me and I am generating some funds. I will get some pics up tomorrow, but it pretty much looks like any other CZ 416. It has been threaded and has a brake, and also a thread protector so it can be ran with or without the brake. Rifle was bedded by Tripple River, the CZ custom Shop and it feeds perfectly and is very accurate. Has some scuffs and scratches. The member I purchased it from killed a buffalo with it. I have a sizeable amount of brass, maybe 100pc or so that I can sell with it. Dies are also available.
$2000 for the rifle. Feel free to shoot me a PM and we can discuss any kind of package deal with brass, dies, bullets and such.

IMG_1489.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal with the bedding done and more importantly "it feeds perfect". Somebody here needs to buy it now!

Here are some pics that I got from the member I purchased it from. I will get some fresh pics when I get home. I had a little cosmetic flaking on the stock at the back of the tang. I took it apart and checked it out. Relieved the area around the tang after talking to Wayne at AHR and sealed it. I also have an extra stock available for this gun if the buyer wants it. As you all know I am meticulous about having contingency plans.
IMG_1489.jpg
IMG_1485.jpg
IMG_1487.jpg
IMG_1488.jpg

Barrel length and is the stock the American or European style?

It is an American and I have an extra European for it. Barrel is the stock length, I think 24"

I'm going to put this one on hold for a bit. If I find a double and decide to purchase it then I will re list this rifle. I don't want to get rid of this one until I am sure I have a replacement. She shoots to good to just let it go without having a double picked out for sure.

Get yourself a B&C kevlar stock for it, bed it and call it good. This is an amazing rifle.

The kevlar stock is probably not a bad idea at all. I have a back up wood stock for it, but if you put it in a B&C and cerakoated the metal black that gun would be bomb proof

I put a Bell & Carlson on one of my CZ 550’s in .375 and it’s lighter. Good for carrying on long stalks. Little rub with 600 grit & the action dropped right in. Your 416 look great as is but Bell & Carlson make a pretty good stock.

Nick,
Have a hvy CZ 550 in 375 that is almost 10 # without scope. Has to be one dense piece of wood. Can you say how much leighter the BC stock is then your orginal.

Nick,
Have a hvy CZ 550 in 375 that is almost 10 # without scope. Has to be one dense piece of wood. Can you say how much leighter the BC stock is then your orginal.
I'm not certain but I believe mine with a scope, rings, sling and ammo was right at 9#. That felt about right to me at the time. Although now I believe it would be much better at 8# or just a bit under that. Wish I had taken a picture of it on a scale. :(

For what it’s worth, my 458 factory CZ stock weighs 44.5 ounces….

B&C claims approx approximate 2.5 lbs for their 550 stock…

A quarter pound difference…

Nick,
I haven't put it to a scale but probably near a pound and 1/4 less. Not too much but it all helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg