CZ 416 Rigby

Here's my Cz .416 Rigby, laPour 3-position safety, NECG front site, metal work to clean up the rough edges, action
job, barrel band and custom stocked. Had a matching .375 H&H done as well.

1146540_595398770553096_493576620_n.jpg

Damn!!!

If I could afford the wood, that'd be the stock!! But, in lieu of, and for the sake of absolute reliability (dropped in the Alaskan wilderness for a 3-week moose/caribou hunt, reliability), I'd have to go with Aramid (over factory wood).

That is darn good deal CTDolan for Ruger RSM!

that is a lovely piece of wood D.Unger

I am very fond of the CZ's in magnum calibers, both my 416 Rigby and my 404 Jeffery are great rifles.

I always upgrade them :
3 lever safety's
shorten the barrel
barrel band
polish the action
trigger job
replace the front bead
widen the V's

I also really enjoy the 416 calibers, as I have said before on AH , they hit hard and with great authority.

I see the CZ as a good way to get into a Mauser-style action, in one of the heavies, without having to drop a truckload of cash. The standard AHR conversion package, if I'm not mistaken, is around $700. This addresses any and all main issues with the CZ. So, throw in an Aramid stock (the CZ offering, which is most excellent), and you've got a truly bullet-proof combination. From there, over time, as money permits, one can add other upgrades to taste.

I see the CZ as a good way to get into a Mauser-style action, in one of the heavies, without having to drop a truckload of cash. The standard AHR conversion package, if I'm not mistaken, is around $700. This addresses any and all main issues with the CZ. So, throw in an Aramid stock (the CZ offering, which is most excellent), and you've got a truly bullet-proof combination. From there, over time, as money permits, one can add other upgrades to taste.

so are you going to get one .....or is this a hypothetical sort of thread? :)

For the present moment, it's hypothetical. I've got another 2 years before I'll have enough to truly decide (at which point I'll have $2,000-$2,500 to put to use).

Both are great looking rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross