Cutting edge bullets

Any experience with these? Opinions?

I’ve used them quite a bit in my 458B&M. The 260gr version on plains game and lioness is just plain deadly. Hit in the vitals, those vitals turn to goo.

I just recently used the 420gr version on a black bear….yah a bit of overkill….but I just wanted to use that load. Bears lungs were just goo as mentioned above. Boar still ran about 20 yards, but was a dead bear running.

One note of caution, these bullets don’t like brush, they will deflect off target.

Any specific questions on them?

Dead on arrival. I shot 420 grain .458 Raptors in a 458 Lott and 470 Raptors in a 458 Winchester at Tally Ho in Limpopo this October. A buffalo, three giraffe, zebra, warthog, sable, and a duiker either hit the ground on impact or ran 20 meters. No tracking necessary.

Absolutely devastating. The internal damage is incredible.

As @PHOENIX PHIL states, they do not like brush. I missed two animals last safari trying to squeeze a shot thru and hitting brush. Although in fairness to CEB I'm not sure that any other bullet would have done better as neither piece of wood was super close to the animal.

I just loaded some in a 7x57. 135 gr esp raptor. Shooting a ragged hole at 100 yes. Next opportunity is doe hunt next week for field trial

Mine is a very small sample size with 325 grain brass solids in a .45-70 but I am very happy. Two shots, two dead animals - a zebra and a Cape buffalo. The buffalo was a frontal shot at 45 yards. She died quicker than it took to type this. Oh, and fast shipping too. I was very impressed and would buy from them again.

I haven't hunted with them but have loaded the 295gr raptor's in my 458wm and they shoot very well.

475 gr Safari Raptors out of my 500 NE have accounted for several buffalo. Loaded to 2400+ fps just hammers them.

I plan to use their .458 450gr solids for Elephant in either my 458 Win Mag or 458 Lott. I may use the matching 420gr Raptor for Buffalo as well.

Any experience with these? Opinions?
Shot and killed my Buff in 2015 with the 458 Raptor. All six pedals and the shank penetrated the other side! I left the rest with my PH and the killed a buff caught in a snare a week later. They claim to have shot it in the head and found the shank just under the skin in it's rump. These bullets are the way to go on Buff. I killed bot Impala and even my Steenbok with the same load.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.