Customs broker in Washington DC

autofire

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia(3), RSA-Limpopo (1), East Cape (2), Botswana(3)
I have several trophies in Namibia waiting to ship. One is a leopard skin and the US import permit expires in 3 months.

My normal customs broker does not have a Washington DC office, which is where the air freight flights from Jberg are scheduled.

Can anyone recommend a customs broker in DC-give me name/contact info?

Thanks

Like above have said. Contact Tom, only person I will use from now on.

Tom is top notch, he was on top of our shipments and had a solution for every bump in the road that was encountered with my imports.

I think they still have to be cleared in Baltimore. Might want to give hunters international a call. I have used them 3 times.

Yes pretty sure they still need to be cleared at BWI. If they arrive at IAD, they will have to be trucked over to BWI for clearance unless things have changed. I have used Laing International twice with perfect performance on their part. Make sure they are sent directly to BWI to save yourself hassle and expense. The customs broker should advise you of that unless it has changed.

Last edited:
I have trophy shippers handling my Mexico hunt in December. I hope! I have also used Hunters international with good results.

I hope this issue has already been resolved. If not, BWI is the nearest US Fish and Wildlife port to DC . The trophies would be trucked there from Dulles. I used Laing International for customs clearance/brokerage at BWI with zero issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross