Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Some of you have seen this rifle before, got it a few years ago. But alas it needs to go, not going to use it, just a safe queen. Built by a guy named P.L. Mittelstadt in Colorado. 22" heavy Kreiger barrel, .920" at the muzzle. Custom quarter rib and sights, probably NEGC. Can be had with or without the Nikon Monarch African 1-4X scope, its a 1" tube in Delrin reducers for the 30mm custom lever rings. Custom forearm with real ebony tip. Buttstock is Ruger made with very nice fiddleback figure, but color doesn't match forearm. Nice thick, pain soaking Pachy Decelerator pad. Rifle weighs 9.75# empty. This a gorgeous and super good shooting rifle. I have some loads made up for it that will go with the rifle to shoot or pull down. Also will be dies and factory ammo and brass and some bullets, a lot of stuff really. Here is a pic of it and I can take and load more per request or as I get to it. Just know the rifle is in excellent condition, not hunted by me and only maybe 3 times to the range. Previous owner had taken it to Africa a couple of times I believe and taken buffalo with it. Action is very smooth and trigger as well. It is what one would expect in a full blown custom rifle. It deserves to be used more and taken back to Africa, just not gonna happen with me. PM all questions to me here or privately and I will try to answer all either way. I offer it first to members here for a while and if no interest it will be off to gunbroker. PM to discuss options for accessories and payment and shipping etc. It will ship in a plastic hard case and boxed safely. Total shipping with ammo, etc separately and rifle in case will be about $100. US sales only. Asking price with scope and all ammo and loading supplies is $2900 but offers will be considered. Not really interested in trade offers at this time, but will consider them. Thanks!
IMG_0179.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful!

Here is a few things within reach that go with it, there is more. Full box of Swifts, 10 ea. of Barnes, all 400 gr. Hornady die set. Partial box of DGX and full box of DGS.

IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG

couple more pix.

IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG

couple more pix

IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG

If no interest here it will be going to Gunbroker, feel free to make an offer.

Dang. I wish you’d leave it on here for another year or so, until I can justify a No.1 in both 450/400 and 404!

Nice rig!

Dang. I wish you’d leave it on here for another year or so, until I can justify a No.1 in both 450/400 and 404!

Nice rig!
I see a couple reasons to have both. Bullet diameters are about the same as 41 magnum vs 44 magnum, plus/minus a few thousandths. Those are very different pistols, right? Second, you can't always find 450/400 - 3" ammo. You'd be more likely to find 404J ammo, maybe ... versatility! The 404J was used to take the Chadwick Ram ... you have history going for you there. That's all the help I can give you. Good luck!

Myself personally like the rimmed cartridges in the No.1

Nice rig!
When have you ever justified guns? I missed that part!

Nice rig!
Why not I have both lol there fun to hunt with

Its over at GB now guys, with a lowered starting price.

well Charlie @CAustin you have an addiction for these rifles ..and you don't have one in a decent proper calibre yet.......

It’s tempting! But I do have a 375 H&H and 458 Lott in Ruger # 1s. And your right I have an addiction. Bought one for my grandson today!

Lowered the price again guys, take a look at GB. Under 2K now.

How come I can't find this firearm on Gunbroker?

Rifle is SPF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg