Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
elephant2.jpg
elephant1.jpg
Replacement cost roughly $6500+.

Hand made oak and leather double rifle case with red London baize felt lining. Unused, as new. Grey elephant leather exterior. Mitred rosewood or walnut corners. (can't tell with 100% certainty) Patina performed on all brass. English push button lock. Two internal lidded compartments. Two recesses for snap caps that will accommodate 470NE, 500NE and similar.

Includes a protective canvas outer cover that has a bit of shelf wear.

Fits a side by side nitro double rifle with 24" barrels or less and a length of pull of about 14-3/4" or less. I believe it will fit a standard Heym or Krieghoff out of the box.

Will accept $2500 for the case.

That's a beautiful case. I have just ordered two cases in buffalo, I don't think as good a quality as yours, but the interesting point, I asked about elephant skin, price was like x4 higher.

That's a beautiful case. I have just ordered two cases in buffalo, I don't think as good a quality as yours, but the interesting point, I asked about elephant skin, price was like x4 higher.

True. Wholesale, a 16 sq. foot piece of elephant back skin is about $1000. Usually you have to buy two of them to get enough premium leather for the 10-12 sq. feet of best leather required to do a case. Lots of waste from the imperfections. In short, after the dust settles they usually want another additional $2000 or more for a case in elephant leather in the states versus a standard oak and leather case.

I've got meters of ele hide, can anyone tell me where I can get a case made?

That is a beautiful case sir.

Thanks rookhawk, yours is a helluva deal then!

Present setup:

Barrel Channel overall length: 25-1/4" total overall

Barrel Channel has a blocking to accommodate a bite or dolls head at the breech face. As such, from the blocking to the muzzle is 24-7/8" presently.

The receiver/action compartment is set to accommodate 19-7/8" Overall length from center of recoil pad to front tip of action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross