Capt_Oscar

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, United States, South Africa
My baby is finally home. Spectacular wood, custom barrel from SSK Industries (now Leigh Defense), with a rail vice Ruger base. Cerakoted and topped with a Leupold VX-R Scout 1.5-5×33 (Lighted reticle). Full 1" barrel profile for the extra weight.
0203211134.jpeg
0203211134a.jpeg
0203211210a.jpeg
0203211210.jpeg

Well done on keeping the original stock profile, iconic. As a matter of interest, what does it weigh? Did you put weight in the stock for balance?

Well done on keeping the original stock profile, iconic. As a matter of interest, what does it weigh? Did you put weight in the stock for balance?
11.0# with optic. I'm going to shoot it some and see what I think. It very barrel heavy right now, but I like the feel off shooting sticks. A 1# block weight in the buttstock would balance her out better though.

May I ask why you chose to cerakote it with such beautiful wood?
I went with blue steel for strength, the cerakote is great for a little corrosion resistance. Blue steel is challenging in Hawai'i. Bottom line: I couldn't find an appropriate stainless donor rifle at the right price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you