Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zimbabwe
Question for taxidermists (or anyone else that may know). I am having my cape buffalo back skin tanned to smooth leather at Specialty Leather in Boone, IA. I am interested in having the leather made into gun cases or other products. Recommendations on vendors who will make such products out of game skins?

I used a company called Murray leather to do this.

Thanks. I am familiar with them but wasn't sure they did custom work with game skins.

Try Dennis at artistry of wildlife, I think he knows some Amish that do gun cases with backskins

Jillian Whitton at Whitton Gun Cases does some of the best work I have seen. I have a couple of them and you will not find better craftsmanship anywhere. I encourage you to reach out to her and see what she’s all about. As a matter of fact she referred me to Specialty Leather for a couple of projects I am working on. Good luck with your project.

BD

https://www.whittenguncases.com/rifles

Question for taxidermists (or anyone else that may know). I am having my cape buffalo back skin tanned to smooth leather at Specialty Leather in Boone, IA. I am interested in having the leather made into gun cases or other products. Recommendations on vendors who will make such products out of game skins?

Contact @gizmo right here on AH. He can help you.

Many options! I’m planning on having something done with my backskins so this helps me also

Make some points with your wife and have one of the skins made into a purse. I had the evening bag (impala) and tote (blesbok) on the attached link made for my wife and she loves them. Not cheap, but if you can afford a safari....

http://debbiejohns.com/leathersmith/category/leatherwork/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you