Custom-ish 375 parts assembled

Milehighshooter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Bought the stock a while ago, it was a left over New Haven custom shop stock.

Had the M70 Classic, unfired 300 Wby. Also had the spare Wilson 375 bbl in a decently light contour.

Picked up the Leupold 1.75-6x32e today at work.

Got the barreled action back from my Smith yesterday. Just need to open the channel a bit and move my Leupold mounts from my factory M70 375 (be for sale soon ....) and my vision of the perfect 375 will be complete!

20190706_194908.jpg
20190706_194833.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna be sweet!

Very nice! I also picked up an unfinished left-handed custom shop stock. Will you add irons or a second cross-bolt? Did you have to replace or modify the follower?

Very nice! I also picked up an unfinished left-handed custom shop stock. Will you add irons or a second cross-bolt? Did you have to replace or modify the follower?

No irons on this one. The original single cross should be good, I hope haha, no plans to add a 2nd set. Im not going to be running up above book pressures trying to turn it into something it isn't. I figure instead of pushing velocity or heavier bullets .... may as well shoot a bigger gun.

Oh and didn't have to replace the flower. The gun was a 300 Wby in its previous factory life, so it used the same follower abs box as the factory 375 Safari

Minus rings, cross bolts and bedding

Attachments

• 20190708-112613.jpg
    20190708-112613.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by a moderator:
Look forward to seeing your range report when the build is complete.

We'll have to see how long it'll take to get it finished and to the range. I tried fitting it today and the inletting wasn't totally complete like a few other stocks I've picked up. I may seek out a pro to finish this up, really don't want to screw up such a nice piece of wood

So, how's the project coming along?

Looking good! you will have a nice rifle when it is finished.

So about 8 1/2lb with a full mag so a good carrying rifle. Gonna be nice with that stock done with shortened forestock than where it is at in the pics I expect.

So, how's the project coming along?
Haven't had time to really work on it recently. I almost have the channel opened up enough. It was suggested to me by several people I need a 2nd recoil lug, so I am likely going to hand that professionally done and bedded at the same time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasovWoogy

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg