Custom .475 Ackley Magnum Enfield Action

GB3

Reaction score
I have a custom rifle built on a 1917 Enfield action chambered in .475 Ackley Magnum. The rifle has a Timney trigger and a Graco mercury recoil reducer installed. The barreled action is fully bedded into a custom handmade stock. The action is equipped with a Lyman peep sight and is drilled and tapped for scope mounts. The barrel is threaded for a muzzle brake, but there is no muzzle brake with the gun. I will include a full set of custom dies, brass and gas checked cast bullets (600gr and 355gr). I bought this rifle with plans of safaris and trips to Alaska; but those big plans never quite turned out so I'm putting it up for sale.

I'm asking $1200 OBO+ actual shipping to your FFL. I can send more pictures if requested.

I can be reached through PM or text at 4zero2 6five1 13seven7

Thanks for looking,
GB3
Ackley.JPG
Ackley Mag 1.jpg
Ackley Mag 2.jpg

Welcome to AH! Best of luck

Welcome. Nice Rifle

Welcome to AH sir!

I have a custom rifle built on a 1917 Enfield action chambered in .475 Ackley Magnum. The rifle has a Timney trigger and a Graco mercury recoil reducer installed. The barreled action is fully bedded into a custom handmade stock. The action is equipped with a Lyman peep sight and is drilled and tapped for scope mounts. The barrel is threaded for a muzzle brake, but there is no muzzle brake with the gun. I will include a full set of custom dies, brass and gas checked cast bullets (600gr and 355gr). I bought this rifle with plans of safaris and trips to Alaska; but those big plans never quite turned out so I'm putting it up for sale.

I'm asking $1200 OBO+ actual shipping to your FFL. I can send more pictures if requested.

I can be reached through PM or text at 4zero2 6five1 13seven7

Thanks for looking,
GB3
View attachment 159504 View attachment 159502 View attachment 159503
it seems nearly identical to A-Sq's later standardized .470 Capstick (375 necked up to 475") typ. firing 600 grainers. Any brass/bullets/ammo? A handloader can easily make ammo, as you can buy full length un-necked 375 cases. Interesting! Also the action A-Sq used in its big guns. Do you know how much it weighs??

it seems nearly identical to A-Sq's later standardized .470 Capstick (375 necked up to 475") typ. firing 600 grainers. Any brass/bullets/ammo? A handloader can easily make ammo, as you can buy full length un-necked 375 cases. Interesting! Also the action A-Sq used in its big guns. Do you know how much it weighs??

From 2016....

Wow the seller was on this sight for 2 days , four years ago . I doubt you are going to get a reply.

@C.W. Richter
The M17 and P14s were one of Arts favorite actions as they were one of the few that could handle his cases instead of going up to the magnum length action. H&H also used them for bespoke 375s
Bob

We obviously didn't impress the OP much, as he never came back.....but who knows....maybe he is still lurking about with his 475.....FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg