This rifle is as close to new as you will find if its been shot can't tell it
Just a beautiful build
Weight 9.75 lbs
LOP 14"
More pics available to interested parties
$3500 shipped
IMG_7351.JPG
IMG_7382.JPG

The caliber is your problem... Beautiful rifle though!! I would buy it if it was any other caliber! Poor quality brass, and very limited.. Gorgeous gun though and could not build it for that price!! Good luck with sale

Agreed my plan was to rebarrel it to something else and you would still be money ahead. Given the price of action and stock work.

not familiar with the Jarrett but could it not just be rechambered?

not familiar with the Jarrett but could it not just be rechambered?
The problem is spending $3500 for a rifle that you intend on spending more money on to get it the way you want. You best be in love with the rest of it.

@NTO - Is it a double square bridge or are those QD adapters screwed on the action? Hard to tell from the pictures. Also wondering about the twist rate.

Sat next to one of the Jarrett guys on the plane on my way to RSA. Had a great conversation about gunsmithing and caliber selection. It would definitely make a good shooting conversation piece.

The 300 Jarrett is a cross between a 300 Win Mag and a 300 Weatherby with proprietary chamber dims.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 12.55.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 12.55.06 PM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 301
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 12.55.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 12.55.07 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 210
The 300 Jarrett case is a standard long magnum case that has the sides blown out to nearly straight and a shorter than others neck. The brass can be made by taking a long mag case, if over 300 diameter (375 for example) just run the case in a 300 Jarrett die, then fireform in the rifle. If 300 (such as 300 Wby) run an expander in the neck to expand the neck to at least 323 (to be able to set headspace). then form in the die and fireform. A lot simpler than it sounds, but you still have a wildcat cartridge which affects the resale value. And then there's the expense of the dies.

Interesting rifle! I wondered if 300 Weatherby ammo could be fired in it and it can. Just not able to be reloaded due to a short neck. GLWS

I wondered if 300 Weatherby ammo could be fired in it and it can. Just not able to be reloaded due to a short neck. GLWS
The 300 Wby fired in the jarrett can be reloaded- They just need to have the nexk expanded out enough to make a new shoulder, then run through the Jarrett die, reducing the neck to 308 and the shoulder of the Jarrett.

i bought a .300 jarrett from kenny in 1989. he did the load development. it arrived with 1/2" targets at 100 yards with 200 grain nosler partition at 3005 fps and ballistic tip at 3350 fps (i never shot the bt, always stuck with the partition. Shot my first dall ram in the ruby mtns (yukon) at 450 yds, and then ate it when 911 stranded us in the back country for 2 weeks. shot a grizz off the horses to save us and them. Killed all my elk in the river-of-no-return wilderness in id. Never let me down. Seems to me all the .300 mag stuff/horserace really never has matched the .300 jarrett in efficiency and effectiveness. The jarrett never failed. Kenny, as you can see in the photo really grumped about putting that barrel band swivel on, and also providing an emergency peep (all sighted in of course at my insistence) in the butt cap. 5 below in the pic below. After 400 rounds in 20 years, reloaded with all the same brass (8 mm mag), still shoots 1/2 - but I put on a new swarovskii z5 with ballistic turret, typed kenny's load into the swarvoski ballistic calculator, and am hitting the gongs out to 700 yards at the white sulphur springs range. So I get it about hot rod rounds and their inconvenience, but I went through so many failures with off the shelf rifles, that when kenny told me at sci that he would guarantee the rifle's accuracy (this was in the day when that was unheard of - and believe me I at that time was over the "ohh ittle shoot -" I was sold.

obtw, wayne at AHR just recently went through the jarrett drill for me and delivered this .404 https://americanhuntingrifles.com/roberts-404-jeffery/

elk_emigrant_a.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.29 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 159
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.30 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.32 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.33 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.34 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a .300 J built by Speedy Gonzales and it is a true 1/4 MOA rifle. It is a great round, and I bought it used due to some reasons cited herein.

I think brass from Kenny is made by Norma and is/was very good quality. Not sure if he sells brass anymore (he stopped at some point), but he does sell loaded ammo with proper headstamp. Most reloaders, not worried about headstamp for travel use 8mm brass.

Is this on Les’ BBK action?

i bought a .300 jarrett from kenny in 1989. he did the load development. it arrived with 1/2" targets at 100 yards with 200 grain nosler partition at 3005 fps and ballistic tip at 3350 fps (i never shot the bt, always stuck with the partition. Shot my first dall ram in the ruby mtns (yukon) at 450 yds, and then ate it when 911 stranded us in the back country for 2 weeks. shot a grizz off the horses to save us and them. Killed all my elk in the river-of-no-return wilderness in id. Never let me down. Seems to me all the .300 mag stuff/horserace really never has matched the .300 jarrett in efficiency and effectiveness. The jarrett never failed. Kenny, as you can see in the photo really grumped about putting that barrel band swivel on, and also providing an emergency peep (all sighted in of course at my insistence) in the butt cap. 5 below in the pic below. After 400 rounds in 20 years, reloaded with all the same brass (8 mm mag), still shoots 1/2 - but I put on a new swarovskii z5 with ballistic turret, typed kenny's load into the swarvoski ballistic calculator, and am hitting the gongs out to 700 yards at the white sulphur springs range. So I get it about hot rod rounds and their inconvenience, but I went through so many failures with off the shelf rifles, that when kenny told me at sci that he would guarantee the rifle's accuracy (this was in the day when that was unheard of - and believe me I at that time was over the "ohh ittle shoot -" I was sold.

obtw, wayne at AHR just recently went through the jarrett drill for me and delivered this .404 https://americanhuntingrifles.com/roberts-404-jeffery/

View attachment 505410
"then ate it when 911 stranded us in the backcountry for 2 weeks". Just curious, were the Taliban blocking your ability to walk out of the backcountry? LOL

I need another 300 mag like I need a hole in the head, but this is really a good deal- the rifle, dies and Talley bases- this is very tempting.
It's almost Christmas. Buy it!

I have two rifles that are built on Bauska actions (404 Jeff and 505 Gibbs). You could very easily rebarrel 375 or 404.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18whlsrolin

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross