Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CRS, NRA Patron Member, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Hunted
RSA
I just finished the book Dark Winter by John Casey wherein he summarizes how the sun has recently entered a "solar grand minimum" and the reduced energy output from the sun will result in slightly lower average temperatures around the globe with some not so pleasant side effects for life on earth. The cooler period should only last about 30 years before the minimum ends and if you do not want to read the book, you can learn about it by clicking on the following link:

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/dark-wi ... id/607672/

More scientists with the same theme:
https://nextgrandminimum.wordpress....-scientists-predict-global-cooling-2015-2050/

Should help with global warming then....

Oh no global cooling.......bring it!

It is absolutely iron clad fact! I cant wait to see tomorrows "iron clad fact" LOL Publish or Perish creates a lot of rubbish.
Meteorologists are the least reliable boobs on the planet, you can always pick them out in a crowd by their Velcro shoes and mitts with a string attached... ;) When they are able to predict yesterdays weather I will at least entertain the thought that they may get todays right, 30 years, not in this lifetime!

if l listened to these "boobs" id never go to work (which wouldn't be so bad)
they claim to be right 10 % of the time , more like 5%.
the weather will be what it is , you cant change that .........so you just work with/in it
reduced energy output ,ha ha ha ha , our summer has had some real cold days , and the uv index has hardly been below 11, which equals extreme

When has the earth's weather remained unchanged for a particularly long time frame ?

Here in Anchorage there was for awhile, the semi-popular bumper sticker:
"Another Alaskan for Global Warming"

My favorite bumper sticker of all time somehow seems to be connected to all the above subject matter.
It is sometimes displayed on this or that woman's car, here and there around town:
"All men are fools and I married their King"

So, my parting shot is that if we're all going to die soon from global warming or global cooling or acid rain, or an asteroid strike (it's always something isn't it), then we should probably each book one more hunting safari, just as soon as we can take out a loan or scrape the money together somehow.

Any excuse to book another safari suits me just fine.

Last edited:
I was always led to believe that Ocean Temps control the weather

I dunno, but this is my backyard today March 1 in Seward Alaska it's 45deg F and I think there is green grass coming up. I am gonna have to trade my snow plow plow for a new lawn mower at this rate
image.jpg

and this is my backyard in North Texas yesterday:E Cold:
IMG_1190.JPG

^^^

That's all kinds of messed up!!!! :A Bonk::Bear:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!