Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles

That just makes one pucker! Holy moly.

That could of ended badly. Good thing she was just curious.
Bruce

Yikes. Kudos to that guy for standing still and not panicking.

WHY!! Why would you be on the ground with a couple of 300-500 pound death machines and think nothing could happen! Yeah good thing he kept relatively still on that deal!

The things people do to try to make the finals of the Darwin Awards!:D

The things people do to try to make the finals of the Darwin Awards!:D

That was pretty much my next comment, this guy was very close to being a finalist!

All,I can say is the cat was satiated and was not interested in gutting that guy.

Probably smelled what was in his pants and felt better about not eating him. Aside from that.

Why didn't he pet the kitty?

Honestly I don't think this was any big deal at all for someone experienced in the situation.

The highly habituated cats found in some reserves don't see humans in or around a vehicle as part of their food chain.

Notice no vehicle door and he was right against the truck; that cat is used to seeing a human and the associated smells. It was curious to one thing probably unusual to it, the camera case on the ground.

I would have thought the same thing too about the danger until being in Sabi Sands for a few days and now watching the daily SafariLive game drives there on You tube that are on 2x a day.

Had a full grown male lion scratch his chin on the front fender with tracker sitting in his jump seat, and a Leopard I could have grabbed his tail he was so close during my visit. Lion on a kill don't even lift their heads up when the vehicle approaches and park 10 feet away.

Honestly I don't think this was any big deal at all for someone experienced in the situation.

The highly habituated cats found in some reserves don't see humans in or around a vehicle as part of their food chain.

Notice no vehicle door and he was right against the truck; that cat is used to seeing a human and the associated smells. It was curious to one thing probably unusual to it, the camera case on the ground.

I would have thought the same thing too about the danger until being in Sabi Sands for a few days and now watching the daily SafariLive game drives there on You tube that are on 2x a day.

Had a full grown male lion scratch his chin on the front fender with tracker sitting in his jump seat, and a Leopard I could have grabbed his tail he was so close during my visit. Lion on a kill don't even lift their heads up when the vehicle approaches and park 10 feet away.

Got to disagree with you on this.

This is what those people thought that were killed by lions in those drive through parks. Same with Sigfreid and Roy. These are WILD animals and totally unpredictable. To equate them with tame, domesticated animals acclimated to humans can be a fatal mistake. I wouldn't care if they were just fed to the point of exploding. I would NOT get near an apex predator or any large animal capable of killing me. , As far as touching them or even getting close, Yeah, I want one of their ticks with who knows what African disease they carry jumping on my arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross