SOUTH AFRICA: CT Safaris - Amazing Experience

Idahohi

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, MDF, REF
I have just completed a hunt with Chris Troskie - CT Safaris in South Africa. I booked the trip prior to the pandemic and waited two years for the hunt to become reality. This was to be my first and only hunt to Africa. I found the experience to be fantastic. More than I ever could have imagined. Chris and his tracker Sammie found excellent quality of game in the extensive areas we hunted in the Limpopo Area. I was very fortunate to take a Kudo (58"), Impala, Wildebeest, Zebra, Waterbuck, Nyala, Sable, Gemsbok, Blesbuck, and a red Lechwe in our 10-day hunting package. Each one an impressive specimen. It was a pleasure to hunt with a very professional PH, as I am 71 years old he was able to adapt the hunting to my limitations.
The accommodations were excellent. My wife and I stayed in a quaint, nicely decorated private chalet. Heating, air conditioning, with shower and large tub. The meals were fixed by his wife Sabina and we can't say enough good comments about the quality of the food. She served 4 course meals every night around a glowing fire. Catering to our every desire.
I took my own rifle, a Weatherby 300 WIN Mag and used Travel WIth Guns to make all plane reservations and paperwork to import my gun. Along with the assistance of Africa Sky it worked flawlessly getting into and out of Johannesburg. Chris met us at the airport and helped getting us to his ranch.
Chris and his wife Sabina run a professional hunting safari operation, provide comfortable lodging and excellent food. He has friendly staff all in a beautiful Africa setting. Come as a client, leave as a friend.
I highly recommend CT Safaris - Chris Troskie. You won't be disappointed.
1653005691010.jpeg

Congratulations on your great kudu!

Great looking kudu. I am jealous! Could you post some pictures of the other animals. What was your favorite hunt—other than that fantastic kudu! How far did you have to shoot? Thanks for your report. Your friend, Brian

Excellent, congratulations on a very successful safari. Great kudu. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: MTA
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

I have just completed a hunt with Chris Troskie - CT Safaris in South Africa. I booked the trip prior to the pandemic and waited two years for the hunt to become reality. This was to be my first and only hunt to Africa. I found the experience to be fantastic. More than I ever could have imagined. Chris and his tracker Sammie found excellent quality of game in the extensive areas we hunted in the Limpopo Area. I was very fortunate to take a Kudo (58"), Impala, Wildebeest, Zebra, Waterbuck, Nyala, Sable, Gemsbok, Blesbuck, and a red Lechwe in our 10-day hunting package. Each one an impressive specimen. It was a pleasure to hunt with a very professional PH, as I am 71 years old he was able to adapt the hunting to my limitations.
The accommodations were excellent. My wife and I stayed in a quaint, nicely decorated private chalet. Heating, air conditioning, with shower and large tub. The meals were fixed by his wife Sabina and we can't say enough good comments about the quality of the food. She served 4 course meals every night around a glowing fire. Catering to our every desire.
I took my own rifle, a Weatherby 300 WIN Mag and used Travel WIth Guns to make all plane reservations and paperwork to import my gun. Along with the assistance of Africa Sky it worked flawlessly getting into and out of Johannesburg. Chris met us at the airport and helped getting us to his ranch.
Chris and his wife Sabina run a professional hunting safari operation, provide comfortable lodging and excellent food. He has friendly staff all in a beautiful Africa setting. Come as a client, leave as a friend.
I highly recommend CT Safaris - Chris Troskie. You won't be disappointed.
View attachment 467115
A 58 inch kudu is awesome!!! Congratulations on a great hunt and experience!

I have a friend who has hunted with CT also a couple of times and had great times. Glad you did too and man that kudu is sensational!(y)

This is perfectly timed for me as my family and I are due to visit Chris and Sabina later in the year. Thanks for the recommendation and congratulations on the successful safari!

Wow! The kudu is awesome. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

That kudu is a slammer! Congratulations!!!

I hunted with Chris in 2014, I cannot say enough positive things about his operation. From the pick up at Africa Sky to departure at Tambo a it was a memory I,ll never forget.I can only say.
Thanks Chris and Sabina

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg