Crossbolt Wrench

CoElkHunter

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA (Life), RMEF
Hunted
USA: Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, California. Ontario, Canada, RSA.
Where could I find a good crossbolt wrench for removing and/or tightening the stock crossbolts on my CZ and Interarms Whitworth rifles? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 2.30.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 2.30.29 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 138
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 2.30.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 2.30.31 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 143
I read on another blog where someone suggested snap ring pliers as an alternative. Just a matter of getting the right size. You might check a local autoparts store or Lowes/Home Depot.

I read on another blog where someone suggested snap ring pliers as an alternative. Just a matter of getting the right size. You check a local autoparts store or Lowes/Home Depot.
Thanks, I’ll check around. I’m not in a hurry, but I’m thinking at the very least the crossbolts have to be checked for tightness every once in a while?

I'm not familiar with the crossbolt heads on those rifles. If they have two small holes in them you may be able to use a spanner wrench with pins set to go in the holes, then turn the wrench to tighten them.

I have used these:

I didn't try to get them brutally tight.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 2.16.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 2.16.09 PM.png
    741.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 2.16.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 2.16.11 PM.png
    418.1 KB · Views: 99
The tool is very similar to the tool used to remove striker bushings on shotguns and double rifles. I would call Brownell's... perhaps they can suggest a source.

Seems that trying to use the 'wrong' tool will risk damage to the pins. I doubt that a loose cross pin would cause any accuracy problems... the pressure on the pin is lateral and the pins are inletted tightly and not tapered.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 9.33.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 9.33.45 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:
Where could I find a good crossbolt wrench for removing and/or tightening the stock crossbolts on my CZ and Interarms Whitworth rifles? Thanks!
There are different cross bolt wrenches. One dont fit
all. I had my Machinist friend make one for me.
Krish

On the left is a Brownells, on the right is one I made using a 1/2" grade 8 bolt for material.

mAxrd5d.jpg

Note the one I made has holes of two different pin spacings. Move the pins as required.

bOteDVb.jpg

Simple job for the lathe and the vertical mill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you