AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
riflepermits.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
A tour guide was killed when crocodiles attacked him in a pool at a farm in Paarl on Saturday, police have confirmed.

The incident happened at the Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm.

Police spokesperson Captain FC van Wyk said that at 08:50 officers in Paarl, as well as rescue services members, were at the scene at the crocodile farm.

"On their arrival the body of a 54-year-old man, who is a crocodile tour guide, was retrieved from one of the crocodile pools," he said.

"It is alleged that he was busy in the pool when he was attacked by crocodiles."

Van Wyk said workers arriving for their shift found the tour guide's body.

"An inquest was opened."

On Sunday, an employee who answered the phone at the crocodile farm said the guide's colleagues were traumatised and counselling had been offered to them."We have suffered a tragedy and have lost one of our staff," she said.The name of the guide is known to News24, however the employee asked that it not be published yet as not all his family members have been informed.

The crocodile farm is expected to release an official statement on the incident later on Sunday.On Sunday the Le Bonheur visitor centre and restaurant were open to the public. However, crocodile farm tours had been suspended.

These were expected to be up and running again later in the week.The Le Bonheur website said its guided crocodile pond tour, conducted every 45 minutes, involved ramps leading to open dams which housed more than 1 000 crocodiles.

"Visitors have an opportunity to touch a baby croc, view crocs underwater through aquarium style viewing panels, and during summer months witness a feeding on the 12 noon and 3 pm tour," it said.The website said the farm also offered "croc cage diving".

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201701160290.html

Sad! Wild animals do indeed kill.....even the ones in small enclosures.

Crocks are killing machines! don't ever underestimate them.

Well that sucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!