CRIES of the Savanna - Available On Amazon, Free On Kindle Unlimited & Signed Copies Available On My Website

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF, Wild Sheep Society, etc
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique
When I promised Lilian, our Tanzanian game scout, that I would try to help others -- like me -- understand the importance of hunting in Africa, I had ZERO idea what I was getting myself into. I wasn’t an author! Not unless you counted my annual adventure-filled Christmas letters, often 10 pages long (the max for one stamp!). According to my four brothers, my miniature manuscripts were prime reading material in bathrooms across the country.

Then I went to Tanzania. As most of you know, Africa has a way of seeping into the blood, capturing the soul, and stealing the heart of anyone who steps upon its soil. I was no different. I returned to the states a changed person, full of passion to conserve Africa’s wildlife and bring awareness to the struggles of rural Africans. It is with this deep emotion and a sense of urgency that I wrote Cries of the Savanna.

Don’t worry! It is not a preachy book of doom and gloom. It is an epic big game hunting safari with bits of conservation weaved in as I learned myself. My hope is that hunters will enjoy the adventure and then share the book with others, especially those who could benefit from the underlying message.

Cries of the Savanna is available on Amazon in softcover, hardcover, and eBook…and, on Kindle Unlimited, it is FREE! If you prefer a signed copy, they are available at www.suetidwell.com

Sue Tidwell-African Safari Adventure-Big Game hunting-Wildlife Conservation-book description.jpg

Mark A Ouellette

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Benefactor
Hunted
Limpopo, Kalahari, Zimbabwe, Canada, USA
Hi Sue and all,
I downloaded your book to my Kindle and enjoy reading it. I find it a soft writing style that is soothing to read.

Tucketed

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
My book arrived from Amazon this week. My wife a non-hunter travelled with me to Kenya years back but has been hesitant to join me hunting. Hopefully this stimulates her to join next time

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Hi Sue and all,
I downloaded your book to my Kindle and enjoy reading it. I find it a soft writing style that is soothing to read.
Mark, thank you so much reading the book. I so appreciate it…and I’m thrilled you like my writing style. I tried to write it like I was telling the story to a good friend…so it sounds like I accomplished that, at least in your eyes. Also, thank you so much for commenting and mentioning it on here. Word of mouth is by far the best way for people to learn about the book. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Spearhead

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hi Sue, I absolutely enjoyed your book. Fantastic adventures, feelings and facts.
My wife who does not hunt but has no problem with me hunting, and she loves venison, could not stop talking about your book. She went on how fantastic it was, and on about the educational points, your real world reactions and thoughts, and emotions from someone who does not hunt.
The humorous anecdotes that made her laugh out loud several times.
Thank you so very much! Andrew

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Hi Sue, I absolutely enjoyed your book. Fantastic adventures, feelings and facts.
My wife who does not hunt but has no problem with me hunting, and she loves venison, could not stop talking about your book. She went on how fantastic it was, and on about the educational points, your real world reactions and thoughts, and emotions from someone who does not hunt.
The humorous anecdotes that made her laugh out loud several times.
Thank you so very much! Andrew
Andrew, thank you SOO much for the wonderful feedback! I’m thrilled that you and your wife liked the book so much. Also, thank you for mentioning it on here. I really appreciate the support.

Jettech

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Georgia, Wyoming, Pennsylvania, Texas, Tennessee, Florida, Missouri, Arkansas
Just ordered your book off Amazon looking forward to reading it.

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Thanks so much for ordering my book! I appreciate it. I’d love to hear what you think after you get a chance to read it. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
When I promised Lilian, our Tanzanian game scout, that I would try to help others -- like me -- understand the importance of hunting in Africa, I had ZERO idea what I was getting myself into. I wasn’t an author! Not unless you counted my annual adventure-filled Christmas letters, often 10 pages long (the max for one stamp!). According to my four brothers, my miniature manuscripts were prime reading material in bathrooms across the country.

Then I went to Tanzania. As most of you know, Africa has a way of seeping into the blood, capturing the soul, and stealing the heart of anyone who steps upon its soil. I was no different. I returned to the states a changed person, full of passion to conserve Africa’s wildlife and bring awareness to the struggles of rural Africans. It is with this deep emotion and a sense of urgency that I wrote Cries of the Savanna.

Don’t worry! It is not a preachy book of doom and gloom. It is an epic big game hunting safari with bits of conservation weaved in as I learned myself. My hope is that hunters will enjoy the adventure and then share the book with others, especially those who could benefit from the underlying message.

Cries of the Savanna is available on Amazon in softcover, hardcover, and eBook…and, on Kindle Unlimited, it is FREE! If you prefer a signed copy, they are available at www.suetidwell.com

View attachment 506769
Hi Sue,

I prefer buying books printed on paper, but buying new books in Zimbabwe is about impossible. It looks like I will have to order the e-book version.

It is nice to see more ladies on the AH forum. I believe the forum could use quite a few more. Breaking into the world of professional hunting is difficult, but much harder for a woman. After the number of years it took my wife to qualify as a Zimbabwe professional hunter, I believe most men would have quit.

Please come visit some day.

Cheers, Lon Denney

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Hi Lon, thanks for such a kind welcome to the platform…and for wanting to buy my book. Like you, I much prefer the feel of a book in my hands. Do you know anyone going to DSC or SCI. I could get a book to them and have them take it back to you. I will be at SCI for sure but know people going to DSC.

On another note, congratulations to your wife! That is amazing that she is a professional hunter. Do you know Tanya Blake? She is also a professional hunter from Zimbabwe. We met at one of the shows last year and I really enjoyed chatting with her. I can only imagine the obstacles your wife had to overcome to become a PH in such a man’s world. Wow, the courage she must have …in more ways than one. I bet she could write a book about her experiences . Then again, any PH has a boatload of amazing stories to tell. I could listen to PHs ALL day tell their stories. …and all told in such humble matter of fact ways. That is one of my favorite part of safaris. The stories just come naturally as events unfold. I love it.

Anyway, as far as you wife being in a man’s world, I have worried a bit about my book as well. I haven’t felt that here on this sight at all but sometimes I think men look at a huntin book by a woman and don’t give it much thought. But hey, who could blame them! A first time author NON HUNTER Writing a book about hunting in Africa! . Why would there be any resistance?! LOL. I’m just so happy that once it is read it is very well recieved by hunters and hunters alike.

Thanks again for your kind message. I hope to meet you and your wife someday! Happy holidays to you!

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Hi everyone! I thought you might be interested to see what some of the industry professionals had to say about Cries of the Savanna.
Sue Tidwell-African Safari Adventure-Big Game Hunting-Wildlife Conservation-Testiomonials1.jpg

Badger Matt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC Life, NRA Life, NAHC Life, Trout Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa. AK, CA, FL, GA, KS, SC, CO, MO, PA, ID, VA, WY, TX
I ordered a copy from you directly so I could get it inscribed and can’t wait! I’m hoping perhaps my wife will join me on my next trip.

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
I ordered a copy from you directly so I could get it inscribed and can’t wait! I’m hoping perhaps my wife will join me on my next trip.
Ahh, Matt, thank you for ordering a signed copy of the book. It always makes me feel special when someone is willing to pay the extra shipping etc to have it signed! I hope your wife will join you on safari too. That would be wonderful to share the experience together. Are you going to try to get her to read the book too? That might get her excited about it. HOPEFULLY! LOL. Happy holidays to you and your family.

Badger Matt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC Life, NRA Life, NAHC Life, Trout Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa. AK, CA, FL, GA, KS, SC, CO, MO, PA, ID, VA, WY, TX
Ahh, Matt, thank you for ordering a signed copy of the book. It always makes me feel special when someone is willing to pay the extra shipping etc to have it signed! I hope your wife will join you on safari too. That would be wonderful to share the experience together. Are you going to try to get her to read the book too? That might get her excited about it. HOPEFULLY! LOL. Happy holidays to you and your family.
I hope she’ll read it. She had a nice talk with Marina Lamprecht a decade ago at a show in Charlotte, NC…and she’s joining me at the SCI convention in Nashville. Color me cautiously optimistic, but she abhors air travel

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
I hope she’ll read it. She had a nice talk with Marina Lamprecht a decade ago at a show in Charlotte, NC…and she’s joining me at the SCI convention in Nashville. Color me cautiously optimistic, but she abhors air travel
Gosh I hope she does. I’ll be at the Nashville show too if she wants a pep talk! I got to talk to Marina a few years ago too…and go to her seminar. It was really good and I enjoyed talking with her. In fact, I use a short quote of her in the book

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
My book arrived from Amazon this week. My wife a non-hunter travelled with me to Kenya years back but has been hesitant to join me hunting. Hopefully this stimulates her to join next time
Hello @Tucketed. Forgive me for such a delayed response. Somehow I missed this post! By now your wife might have had time to read some of the book. I hope it did entice her to join you on the hunt! I know that Rick loves being able to share his hunting experience with me and I'm sure you feel the same way. Please keep me updated if the book did the trick or not!

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Just ordered your book off Amazon looking forward to reading it.
Hi @Jettech . I think I tried replying you back in December but it looks like I may have done it wrong! Anyway, I'm thrilled you ordered the book and would love to hear your thoughts after you get a chance to read it.

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Hi Sue and all,
Hi @Mark A Ouellette. Since you liked Cries of the Savanna, I was hoping you might consider leaving a review on Amazon. Reviews are critical for Amazon's relevance and algorithms etc. and may help get the book into more people's hands. It doesn't have to be long and involved. Even just a few words like above and/or a star rating are WONDERFUL. Here is a link straight to the review site just in case you are interested.
http://www.amazon.com/review/create-review?&asin=B09M4BRYJ9

Sorry to bother you so long after this was originally posted. I was just going through the thread again and thought of asking you!

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Hi Sue,

I prefer buying books printed on paper, but buying new books in Zimbabwe is about impossible. It looks like I will have to order the e-book version.

It is nice to see more ladies on the AH forum. I believe the forum could use quite a few more. Breaking into the world of professional hunting is difficult, but much harder for a woman. After the number of years it took my wife to qualify as a Zimbabwe professional hunter, I believe most men would have quit.

Please come visit some day.

Cheers, Lon Denney
Hi Lon @tokoloshe
I just realized that when I answered you back on December 22 I might not have replied directly to you and I didn't tag you...so I'm not sure if you saw this. Ignore it if you did.

Anyway, thanks for such a kind welcome to the platform…and for wanting to buy my book. Like you, I much prefer the feel of a book in my hands. Do you know anyone going to SCI. I could get a book to them and have them take it back to you. I will be at SCI for sure.

On another note, congratulations to your wife! That is amazing that she is a professional hunter. Do you know Tanya Blake? She is also a professional hunter from Zimbabwe. We met at one of the shows last year and I really enjoyed chatting with her. I can only imagine the obstacles your wife had to overcome to become a PH in such a man’s world. Wow, the courage she must have …in more ways than one. I bet she could write a book about her experiences . Then again, any PH has a boatload of amazing stories to tell. I could listen to PHs ALL day tell their stories. …and all told in such humble matter of fact ways. That is one of my favorite part of safaris. The stories just come naturally as events unfold. I love it.

Anyway, as far as you wife being in a man’s world, I have worried a bit about my book as well. I haven’t felt that here on this sight at all but sometimes I think men look at a huntin book by a woman and don’t give it much thought. But hey, who could blame them! A first time author NON HUNTER Writing a book about hunting in Africa! . Why would there be any resistance?! LOL. I’m just so happy that once it is read it is very well recieved by hunters and hunters alike.

Thanks again for your kind message. I hope to meet you and your wife someday! Happy holidays to you!

Sue Tidwell

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.suetidwell.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
I thought some of you might be interested in customer reviews (from Hunters) of Cries of the Savanna.
Sue Tidwell-Big game hunting-wildlife conservation-Custreviews.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dopescooter

Latest profile posts

hunt 65 wrote on James Adamson's profile.
what is the asking price for gun and ammo?? thanks.
Gerry Addison wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
I would like to delete my last post on the the thread where to hunt big cape buffalo. I haven't been to that area for a few years and it may be very different now. Not fair of me to post this.
Montana hunter and avid sportsman.
Inline6 wrote on Chris Sells's profile.
PM me when you get a chance, have a few questions for you.
steve white wrote on Pheroze's profile.
Pheroze: I was intrigued by the blog on 400, 465 H&H in which you stated you were having a rifle reamed out to accomodate the larger bore. Who is doing the work for you, do they then provide cut rifling or buttoned. Will a 375 H&H rechamber to the 400 H&H. Is there much ballistic difference between it and the 404/375