Creative Shields for Skull mounts??

SvanZyl

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI, LHLF (Limpopo Hunters Liaison Forum), Sub Saharan Houndsman Association.
Looking for some fresh and creative ideas for shields to use with skull mounts. Im sure there are a ton of great ideas out there...lets see them guys!

Kinda like this one......
IMG_0273_zps2xhtx4kw.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0273_zps2xhtx4kw.jpg
    IMG_0273_zps2xhtx4kw.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 218
IMG-20160510-WA0001.jpg

What taxidermist created these? They are sharp looking!

I'm going to use one of those cheapo Walmart shields for this one. I call it my wood buck just to remind me that once the sun goes down, you can't see every twig as well as in the daylight. Am waiting until after the season is over before I create a ruckus with the chainsaw. Anyhoo, some awesome wood creations for mounting. Especially like the African continent ones.
20180116_1010591001.jpg

I'm going to use one of those cheapo Walmart shields for this one. I call it my wood buck just to remind me that once the sun goes down, you can't see every twig as well as in the daylight. Am waiting until after the season is over before I create a ruckus with the chainsaw. Anyhoo, some awesome wood creations for mounting. Especially like the African continent ones.View attachment 214728
I've tagged a few of those!!

Made this one for single skulls. Not stain or cleared yet though. It is 22" long 15" wide and should work for a smaller skull to hang on wall. Just a smaller one then the shield that stands on a base that I make.

1128171816.jpg

I really like this idea...some leather or flat skin in the middle might look nice too. Very nice!

Yeah, someone creative could do some really cool things with the concept. That's not me though. Perhaps some kind of two tone wood as well?

Regardless, it's one of my favorite pieces.

I really like this idea...some leather or flat skin in the middle might look nice too. Very nice!
For sure, a piece of zebra skin would make for a looker.

I'm going to use one of those cheapo Walmart shields for this one. I call it my wood buck just to remind me that once the sun goes down, you can't see every twig as well as in the daylight. Am waiting until after the season is over before I create a ruckus with the chainsaw. Anyhoo, some awesome wood creations for mounting. Especially like the African continent ones.View attachment 214728

Those were my specialty!

Hogpatrol - you better put your tag on that! Lol. I had a similar outcome on the back wall of the indoor 3D range building last night. Apparently foam black bear can jump at the last second allowing an arrow to pass under them. Lol

The “Africa” shaped plaques are available from Research Mannikins and probably other companies as well. I saw one that was covered will blue wildebeest hide and the skull over that. It was easy to put together, inexpensive (comparatively) and beautiful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg