Crazy whitetail hunt

Hunt anything

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
The rut in coastal Alabama is just getting into high gear. On the 25th I climbed a tree at about 3:50 in high winds fully expecting not to see a thing. While I was connecting my safety harness a 4pt chased a doe by, since my freezer was empty I was intent on shooting the first racked buck I see. I was pretty disappointed as our bay property doesn’t have a very good population of deer. I went ahead and sat down and before I could start unloading my pack another 6pt and a spike came by on the same trail.
I decided I better get my rifle up and while pulling up my rifle another 6pt ran by on the same trail.I got my rifle up and looked to my right and at about 15 yards off of the main trail a smallish 8pt stood. Without untying my rifle I shot him and lowered the rifle back to the ground. It was now 3:55. While on the ground getting ready to gut the buck yet another spike ran by on the same trail. The 8pt was loaded and I was home at 4:30.
The next morning I realized that the afternoon before I had left my binoculars in the tree so I walked down to pick them early the next morning an a 4pt was on the same trail all of the deer the afternoon before, as he turned I shot him and in about 10 minutes of hunting on 1/25 and 1/26 I have my freezer about full! I do have a picture of a really nice 9 pt behind my house and a picture of a really wide 8pt at the bay I will take either to fill out my 3 buck Alabama limit. We have until February 10th.

87A95A51-A3BC-43AA-8A75-D03586E87D56.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing like hitting the rut perfectly! It makes for exciting Whitetail action.

Great Story!

In the South whitetail rut takes place in November. However, Alabama’s whitetails wait until the end of college football season and start to rut in January. Roll Tide! War Eagles!:D Beers:

Great Story!

In the South whitetail rut takes place in November. However, Alabama’s whitetails wait until the end of college football season and start to rut in January. Roll Tide! War Eagles!:D Beers:
Yeah that’s right, if you have access to property all across the state you can hunt the rut from late November thru early February. They say it’s from the deer each spot was stocked with during the repopulation efforts in the state. I have even seen bucks chasing during early turkey season in the Auburn area.

When it's hot, it's hot. Get out there and get 'em because it doesn't last long.

Congratulations on a successful season and I hope you finish out strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,