Cranky today

Gentleman I can see merit in both points of view in this discussion, I myself am only twenty seven. I’m embarrassed to be associated with many members of my generation as the ideals the believe are radical and frankly dangerous.

in saying that and in know way standing up for my peers simply making an observation. Many of you gentlemen are of the generation known as baby boomers a generation that itself was split between moral upstanding members of society and also fanatical liberals with radical ideals known as hippies.

I’m sure you gentleman of that generation at some point we’re lumped in with your peers regardless of your own views on the issues of the day. And as such should know all men deserve to be judged on there own and not as a mass.

I have very little use for members of my generations sense of entitlement, of there disrespect of there elders of the crazy agenda there pushing. I equally have very little use for a now senior citizen who dodged a draft, spit on returning soldiers vilified them for following orders etc.

there are demographics in every generation that we all can find fault with, likewise there are demographics of every generation who find faults with our beliefs.

I was raised by a single father after my mother ran out on us taking my baby sister with her, my old man was a part time logger fisherman farmer and the last end after he got crippled up a truck driver. I learned early on life doesn’t owe anyone anything. My father did the best he could to teach me and shape me into the man I am today. When I look around at my peers I have to wonder how many would of turned out the way they did if they were raised in the real world instead of babysat by video games and computers.

I believe billy Joel was on to something when he sang we didn’t start the fire. Like wise my generation didn’t either please hold out hope for the few of us still trying to fight it as time goes on we may grow smaller in number but our pride and conviction doesn’t allow us to stop trying.
@ Skinnersblade
Very well said young Lawrence you have still confirmed the fine young man you have grown into and the excellent job your father did. You are a credit to your generation and many could take a leaf or two out of your book.
Your mate
Bob

Called his mother early this morning for some yard work. Too late, he was already booked for the day.
Won't be available until next weekend. Looks like he's going to need one of those number thingys. LOL
Give him two weeks...he’ll be hiring employees. :)

Gentleman I can see merit in both points of view in this discussion, I myself am only twenty seven. I’m embarrassed to be associated with many members of my generation as the ideals the believe are radical and frankly dangerous.

in saying that and in know way standing up for my peers simply making an observation. Many of you gentlemen are of the generation known as baby boomers a generation that itself was split between moral upstanding members of society and also fanatical liberals with radical ideals known as hippies.

I’m sure you gentleman of that generation at some point we’re lumped in with your peers regardless of your own views on the issues of the day. And as such should know all men deserve to be judged on there own and not as a mass.

I have very little use for members of my generations sense of entitlement, of there disrespect of there elders of the crazy agenda there pushing. I equally have very little use for a now senior citizen who dodged a draft, spit on returning soldiers vilified them for following orders etc.

there are demographics in every generation that we all can find fault with, likewise there are demographics of every generation who find faults with our beliefs.

I was raised by a single father after my mother ran out on us taking my baby sister with her, my old man was a part time logger fisherman farmer and the last end after he got crippled up a truck driver. I learned early on life doesn’t owe anyone anything. My father did the best he could to teach me and shape me into the man I am today. When I look around at my peers I have to wonder how many would of turned out the way they did if they were raised in the real world instead of babysat by video games and computers.

I believe billy Joel was on to something when he sang we didn’t start the fire. Like wise my generation didn’t either please hold out hope for the few of us still trying to fight it as time goes on we may grow smaller in number but our pride and conviction doesn’t allow us to stop trying.
Well put.

I should clarify something here as although it wasn’t my really my intent to start a generational debate, that’s exactly where it ended up. I was venting about a bad day but mostly pouting about losing out on hunting. Lol.
I’m in the same boat as everyone else...on both fronts.

So to the generational thing...
I remember as a kid my grandfather commenting about how the world is “going to hell in a hand basket” because “these lazy kids nowadays don’t know what a day’s work is”. That was the early 70’s. I’m now older than he was when he said that.

I’ll wager that you won’t have to search very long to find several people in every generation back as far as you want to go that will say the same things. It’s just the way it’s always been. My parents were fairly certain I’d lost my noodle because of the music I listened to and I too am convinced that my kids are in fact insane for listening to that stuff no one can understand. :A Rock:

Whether it’s music, ethics, manners, language, career paths, educational, paths, or whatever, there will always be those generation differences. That is a good thing. If there weren’t those differences there would be no progress. Depending on your perspective, it can seem like “progress” is an objective term. But look where we are now compared to even 50 years ago. It’s the intelligent ambitious ones from each generation that ultimately accept the challenges and try to right the wrongs, and improve things the prior generation didn’t quite accomplish. That’s never going to change. And it shouldn’t. Progress...it’s why I don’t have to hollow out a log, row across the Atlantic, and sneak into Africa to hunt. I can jump on a plane and go enjoy a well planned safari. I can stay in contact with the people who really matter to me no matter where they are on the planet. You get where I’m going with this so I’ll stop the rant.

So even though I might complain about some poor examples of the next generation, or the prior for that matter, just as my parents and grandparents did, it does not mean that I don’t have great respect for the good examples of both. I certainly do.

That does not, however, mean that I won’t bitch about either one when something happens that cranks me up like the other day. But I’ll always praise and encourage the ambition of the good ones as well.

Cheers everyone.
:D Cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg