Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NWTF
Hunted
US, South Africa
Is anyone experiencing any customs delays because of COVID19? My trophies have been in Chicago since early last Wednesday morning. They say it is a customs delay.

We have not seen any delays in Chicago. For example, a shipment that we cleared in Chicago arrived on 7/26 at 8pm, and cleared on the morning of the 29th. Our hunter should be expecting delivery in Missouri today.

Please keep us updated if you find anything out!

Tom

We have not seen any delays in Chicago. For example, a shipment that we cleared in Chicago arrived on 7/26 at 8pm, and cleared on the morning of the 29th. Our hunter should be expecting delivery in Missouri today.

Please keep us updated if you find anything out!

Tom
I talked to my broker in Memphis today. She queried customs and said they have a disposition code of 2H. A customs hold was put on them on the 28th, but they did not arrive in Chicago until 5am on the 29th. My broker has an office in Chicago also, so we supposedly have a person, but not really getting any info yet. My customs broker says this is normal??? She sent a copy of the query.
we used the exact same broker last time without any problems. But they came through Atlanta.

A 2H hold can mean a couple of things. A 2H is placed in the first port of arrival. That is also where the USDA inspection must take place which could mean is it is for the USDA exam. Could also mean something isnt quite right with the paperwork, but no need to jump to conclusions.

Usually we have shipments cleared in Chicago within 2-3 days upon arrival. I would think it should have been released by now.

-Tom

Paperwork should be good unless for some reason it was detached. We had a reputable taxidermist and logistics co Limcroma’s trophies with Johan. They are very professional.

Finally got word that CBPA is waiting for a USDA inspection. No telling how much longer this will take.

Finally got our trophies.
1F81CAC4-7FE9-4C27-880C-5CD919E1D68E.jpeg

My trophies are in Dallas. Coppersmith emailed me and said to expect 10 days to clear. Should get my muskox and caribou before October.

My trophies are in Dallas. Coppersmith emailed me and said to expect 10 days to clear. Should get my muskox and caribou before October.
That is what we had once they hit US soil. Seemed like a lifetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross