Covid restrictions for world travelers

Can't read the article without a subscription.

I was able to read the article.
And I don't have no stikin' subscription either. :)

Just clicked on it and the page opened. No subscription needed. It could be NYT blocking a foreign address.

BENIN

No coronavirus pretest is required for entry, but a rapid test and a PCR test will be given upon arrival at the traveler’s expense, and people staying longer than 15 days must undergo a third test. To depart, proof of a negative test in the previous 72 hours is required to enter the airport. According to the State Department’s OSAC division, arrival fees are about $180 and departure fees are about $90 for regular service or $135 for expedited processing. The C.D.C. risk assessment for Covid-19 is Level 3: High.

BOTSWANA

Americans may enter with proof of a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before departure, and will also be given a rapid test upon landing. To leave the country, travelers must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of their scheduled departure. The C.D.C. risk assessment for Covid-19 is Level 4: Very high.

BURKINA FASO

Visitors must present a negative PCR test upon arrival that is no more than five days old. Those arriving without will be given a rapid test at the airport at a cost of $45 and will be detained until results are available. A negative PCR test dated within five days is also required to fly out from the airport.

THE CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC

A negative coronavirus test is required to enter, followed by a 14-day quarantine for tourists. The C.D.C. risk assessment for Covid-19 is Level 4: Very high.

DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO

Travelers 11 and older must arrive with proof of a negative coronavirus test taken within three days of their departure. Another test will be given at the airport for $45, and people must self-quarantine until they receive a negative result, generally within 24 hours. Proof of health and medical evacuation insurance is also required.

To exit the country, travelers must present a negative test result taken within three days of planned departure, according to the U.S. Embassy in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The cost of the test is $30. The C.D.C. risk assessment for Covid-19 is Level 4: Very high.

ETHIOPIA

U.S. citizens over 10 must have proof of a negative PCR test taken within five days of arrival. Those without proof must quarantine for two weeks. Since the country is part of the African Union’s Trusted Travel Initiative, only digital results are accepted and those with other results must obtain a Travel Code, according to the U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia. The C.D.C. risk assessment for Covid-19 is Level 3: High.

KENYA

Passengers must have a negative PCR test taken in the 96 hours before arrival, but those from the United States do not need to quarantine. The C.D.C. risk assessment for Covid-19 is Level 3: High.

NAMIBIA

American tourists need a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before their flights to enter. Anyone arriving with an older test will be placed in quarantine and tested at their own cost until a negative result is obtained. Children under 5 do not need a test. The C.D.C. risk assessment for Covid-19 is Level 3: Very high.

SOUTH AFRICA

Travelers must present a negative Covid-19 test result taken within 72 hours before departure or quarantine at their own cost. Many land crossings are closed. The C.D.C. risk assessment for Covid-19 is Level 3: High.

TANZANIA

Passengers must have a negative RT-PCR Covid-19 test in the 72 hours before landing, and take a $10 rapid test at the airport upon landing.

ZAMBIA

Visitors must show results of a negative PCR test taken in the previous 72 hours, and may be required to get an antigen test at the airport if the test is older than that.

ZIMBABWE

A negative test taken within three days of travel, or proof of recovery from Covid-19 within the past 90 days, is required to enter and to depart the country, according to the U.S. Embassy in Zimbabwe. Those arriving from countries where the Alpha and Delta variants are prevalent may need to quarantine and undergo testing within the first 48 hours, and again on days 3, 5 and 10 of their trip. (Zimbabwe has not said which countries these rules apply to, however.) If found to be positive, they may be taken to a government isolation center.

Regarding zambia seems that obviously governments and at least one airline I know make their own rules up causing some issues as here is extract from zambian government guidelines stating the test conducted within 72 hours of departure ...not within the previous 72 hours ....

Screenshot_20211012-071127_Office.jpg

When I was in Namibia in August they where talking about a negative test taken within 72 hours of arrival. The Namibian Professional Hunters Association was trying to stop it as most US and Canadian people would find it unobtainable. Hopefully they succeeded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross